I can't harvest trees on CC Northern Pines map
  • Terrain : Valleys More Rivers

• Climate : Temperate

• Starting Conditions : [<abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>] Northern Pines - Hard

I searched the forum but no result was returned so please bare with me if this issue has been raised before.

When using the "Harvest Trees" tool trees don't get selected and are not harvested. To retrieve logs I must use the tool "Remove Resources", which is a problem because this tool removes all resources. I'm playing with the latest version of MM8 and a few other mods.

Other mods I'm using that can affect resources and how they respawn are :

• rocksrespawn.pkm : Rock Respawn v2 (1.0.4)

• oldgrowthforests.pkm : Old Growth Forests v2 (1.0.4)

• TreeGrowth.pkm : Tree Growth and Live v1 (1.0.4 beta)

• beautifulworldcc.pkm : Beautiful World (for <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.2) v3 (1.0.4)

I tried to disable them on my current game but it did not help.

you cannot never "disable" a mod inside a save game, or you running ahead towards some crash.

maybe you have a problem of compatibility.

be advised those are very old mods.i would recommend turning them off completely reload the game,then try to remove trees on a new map.then add 1 mod at a time back and see which 1 it is.if turning those mods off does not solve the issue,i would recommend deleing the registry and start over.some old mods are known to cause issues and not let go even after you remove them from the windata folder.

i use NECORA's pine mod and the NAT DIV mod plus the immortal tree mod.hence it has been a long time ago since i tried any of those mods you mentioned.

if your issue is mod order related it might be hard to find.does you map work normal on a different start setting? i would actually think the pine tree start would shut down those other mods.hence, my concerns that you may have to delete the game registry.note deleting th registry will not affect the saved game.it will remain intact as long as those mods are in the windata folder,even if they are disabled.

As long as you keep adding outdated mods, you're going to have problems. You should only use those that have been updated or made specifically for Banished 1.0.7.

i actually will disagree with that.i have many older mods. most do work the same as before. as long as the mod DID work fine in the 1.06 version ,it will work in the 1.07. there are storage difficulties.if the mod created something and it was using an old flag,the item will still store the old way. example: my precious is 1.06,the ores will not store under the precious tag now. they still store as they did before. you have to be aware of it and adjust your storages.you can use this to your advantage as well.since an older storage barn or market won't store the new flags,the space will be full of the older flags.the vendor won't be walking around trying to find the new items.take the industrial market from SLINK. it will store stone,iron, and logs it wont fill with thatch or luumber.this can be useful to keep logs moving to supply a blacksmith or woodcutter.

some mods were obsoleted with the banished updates.others were never compatable with other mods.some always had certain glitches.many mods aren't affected by the new flags.any housing mods and age mods work as they did before.most decoration mods will as well. the beautiful world mod is 1 that i think was obsoleted when banished updated a few versions back.

When you use old mods, you never know which ones will work and which won't. When there's an issue, it is more difficult to figure out which mod is causing the issue - starting with just <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> and or <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> and adding one mod at a time is a real pain in the derriere. I feel it is much safer to not use those mods - especially if you are unwilling or unable to troubleshoot any problems that may occur. Personally, there are so many good, 1.0.7 compatible mods out there, I think it is best for most gamers to just avoid issues.

Quote:
21 hours ago, VXL said:

Other mods I'm using that can affect resources and how they respawn are :

• rocksrespawn.pkm : Rock Respawn v2 (1.0.4)

• oldgrowthforests.pkm : Old Growth Forests v2 (1.0.4)

• TreeGrowth.pkm : Tree Growth and Live v1 (1.0.4 beta)

• beautifulworldcc.pkm : Beautiful World (for <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.2) v3 (1.0.4)

A couple things.

Everything that is in Old Growth Forests is included in Beautiful World.  You don't need both.

Tree Growth and Life is so old, it doesn't know that the modded trees exist.  So all you're getting from that is longer living vanilla trees.  And it's stopping the vanilla trees from spawning some modded wild foods.

Everything, except for the Old Growth Pine Trees, that is in Beautiful World is included in <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> and <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>.  So by using this mod, the only thing you're getting that's new is Old Growth Pines.  So if that's what you're going for, then great, but just know that 90% of it is unneeded.

The Beautiful World mod edits the Clear Tree function so that you can remove the Old Growth Pines.  In <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>/<abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> the Clear Tree function is edited so that you can remove all of the special trees that <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>/<abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> add.  Two mods can't edit the same function.  So by placing Beautiful World on top, it's overriding the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>/<abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> Clear Tree edits, so that makes it so that you can't use it to remove <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>/<abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> trees.  (The same applies to Old Growth Forests.)

And, as stated in posts above, using mods that far out of date is always risky.  Beautiful World was last updated 39 months ago.  That's a lot of game updates ago.  You're welcome to use them, but you shouldn't ever be surprised that something that old doesn't work correctly.

I think there is a middle ground, where you can use mods that don't create resources, or production chains, or change certain basic functions like trading. Housing, decorative, and certain gaming functions, (not certain which, I don't use them), can mostly work, I would be careful with ones that make things as flags can cause problems. I still use one of the first mod ever created for Banished, so they can work. There are so many wonderful mods made for 1.0.7 its difficult to understand why one would want to use obsolete mods.[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

Thank you guys for all the replies, I'm very grateful indeed for your help. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

The reason why I'm still using very old mods is that I was afraid to loose some features I loved very dearly before the 1.0.7 update. Also, and until very recently, I never played <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>/<abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> and I had no idea some of their many features are overlapping some of my favorite oldies but goodies.

Quote:
On 17/03/2018 at 4:25 AM, stiles said:

<p style="font-size:13px;">
be advised those are very old mods.i would recommend turning them off completely reload the game,then try to remove trees on a new map.then add 1 mod at a time back and see which 1 it is.if turning those mods off does not solve the issue,i would recommend deleing the registry and start over.some old mods are known to cause issues and not let go even after you remove them from the windata folder.

i use NECORA's pine mod and the NAT DIV mod plus the immortal tree mod.hence it has been a long time ago since i tried any of those mods you mentioned.

if your issue is mod order related it might be hard to find.does you map work normal on a different start setting? i would actually think the pine tree start would shut down those other mods.hence, my concerns that you may have to delete the game registry.note deleting th registry will not affect the saved game.it will remain intact as long as those mods are in the windata folder,even if they are disabled.

This is good to know, thank you very much!

I was aware of the issue with Windows registry and made sure to start afresh. One mod at a time is definitely good practice and the way I go. The game was running fine until I changed the starting conditions on a new map. Kralyerg provided far enough information to help me solve the problem so it should be very easy for me to fix my current game. I'll get back to you if I still run into problems after cleaning the registry but it should be okay.