Crashes when saving

Hey there,

I know that crashes seem to be a frequent topic for various reasons but I haven't found anything on that so far, that's why I'm asking here. Don't even know whether it's a typical Banished thing or <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> related, but here we go...

So the thing is, the crashes when I try to save or the game tries to autosave the current map I'm playing on. Haven't had any problems with other maps so far. Here are some details:

Mod list:

• <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> RC3

• one year is one year

• SeasonalFX

• BetterRain

Current map:

• [<abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>] Lake Waters

• Small map

• Mild weather

• no disasters

• [<abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>] Nuevo Arbol Lite - Adam & Eve start

Just playing for like 20-30 years (lol), got around 20 bannies and I guess that's it. Do you guys need the dump file as well? It's just with this save tho, haven't had any problem like this before.

Some infos on my computer as well, if you need it:

• Windows 7 64 bit

• 16GB RAM

• GeForce GTX970

• Intel Xeon E3 @ 4x3,4 Ghz

Lately those "crash when saving" issues have been caused by antivirus updates that flag Banished as a threat and restrict the game's ability to access your Documents folder. Check out your antivirus, especially the "quarantine" or "threat" lists to remove Banished from there, and/or put the Banished Application-x64.exe in the list of things to trust. The place and way to do that depends on which antivirus you use, so I'm afraid I can't really help more. Using Avira, I've never had any issue with that.

That doesn't seem to be the problem. I've played all the time with the same antivirus (Kaspersky) running in the background. Also I just tried with turning it off, but I still get the same crash.

What is also weird, is that only every second attempt to start the game it actually loads in the time I was used to. Like I start the game the first time and it seems to load infinitely, so I tab out and close it, restart and then it works as before. When I close the game then, it just does like the first time, takes like an infinite time to load, so I just close it and restart it again.

An update can have changed what Kapersky flags as unsafe. And even disabled, if something is on its naughty list, I'm not sure it regains access to your Documents folder.

How full is your Save folder by the way? It's in Documents/Banished/Save. It can be a good idea to clean out all the old towns you will never play again now and then. A super full folder can cause crashes when saving, and a couple of people have reported that it also can cause issues on loading. Never seen that first-hand myself, as I delete old towns regularly.

Seems like you were right. I just added both the documents folder and the game folder to the list of exceptions and I can save again. Thanks a lot!

Had Avira myself I while ago and never had problems with it... Maybe I should just revert back to that one^^