CC 1.75 and adding Mods Manually

<abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> 8 utterly decimated my performance and made Banished unplayable, so the only way I'm playing <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.75 is without the <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>. That being said, I do want to add some mods on top of 1.75. However, I assume many mods aren't compatible with 1.75. My question is kind of three parts:

1) What performance-enhancing mods like No Smoke can I add to <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.75 manually without the use of <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>?

["can" as in...they're compatible.

Edit: I found No Smoke on this site and saw that it had 1.75 compatibility now. Oops.]

2) Since this is my first time playing <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.75, and I have to forsake <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> 8, are there any mods I should (and can) get in particular to add to the experience?

[The thing I like most about this game is creating sprawling towns, and I particularly enjoy the depth <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> brings to the painfully sparse base game. I also like having dozens of jobs added onto the base game as well. I enjoy having varied cosmetic designs for houses and buildings, but I can stand forsaking that].

3) Am I better off just playing the Steam <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.71? Is that compatible with more of the kind of things I'm looking for here without the use of <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>? 

you can add most mods to the 1.75. there is the no rain mod that helps. did you try changing graphic setting? disble any other programs not being used. the mini mod is handy. i like the mini townhall that gives nomads without the trading post. you should check out WOB for more ideas also.

<abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.71 was made for Banished 1.0.6, so no you should not use that, but stick to the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.75 version.

About adding other mods: remember the load order stuff: If it's meant to change something from <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>, it should be above <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> (no smoke for example, or Iron is Iron). Anything else can go under <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> safely.