New Series of Banished with vanilla CC 1.76 as only mod, with focus on understanding CC, all buildings, items and pro...

Let's Play Banished Colonial Charter 1.76 EP06 - Preventing Tool Death Spiral. Nomads Accepted.

<div>
<iframe allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" height="270" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Yihk2IOG0Kw?start=25&feature=oembed" width="480"></iframe>

</div>

Sorry for the cut in the end, only way I could do it to prevent the video from reaching almost 60 min.

As title tells: I had a struggle to prevent a total collapse of the colony, when I tried to upgrade the blacksmith, and didn't notice how long it took. Gladly I figured out why the building of all the buildings were so delayed, and that was a lack of stone, so building two quarries, and also a iron mine for the blacksmiths, where I can also mine coal and start making steel tools, with the new forge. I've got most buildings ready now, hospital and boarding house was just in time, as I got 7 nomads, and 2 of them were sick.

Got church finished, smoker, dairy, schoolhouse, and 8 11x11 fields producing 4 different crops and I only lack a couple animals to have them all. Food have been rising steadily for 5 years now, so I can start focusing on things like building materials and other non-food buildings. Also to start overproducing something valuable, to have for trading directly into food. This way I might produce more food then what I'm making with all my farms, orchards and pastures.

I added a new forestry node, and will probably add a third one, outside the reach of the market. I like how densely I've gotten everything built, and with children getting educated and potentionally steel tools the next episode, as well as all the brick roads I've built this episode, the production is going to be enourmously improved. I'm thinking that I might add more nomads, but in small numbers at the time, like the 7 I accepted now. Anything 15-20+ is potentionally going to set the colony into a death spiral that can't be stopped.

I really need a growth of children and educated adults, so I will check the work-places and whether or not more housing is needed closer to them. All in all, after surviving the total lack of tools, and getting tools for everyone again, I feel I can reach my goal. In one of the episodes soon I'm hoping to build a new lake-district, using all the docks buildings for production and the homes that also can be built on water. I still haven't reached 100 population, but I'm thinking it's going to be more easy to go from 100-200 then 0-100 etc. I'm thinking I will need time to get the population to 900 though, and hoping that all the Colonial Charter buildings and Production Chains will make sense and seem logical at that time.

Thanks to everyone that follow the series. I'm going to have to continue some of the other series I'm working on soon, and also introduce other, interesting games.

Worked out ok in the end, need a new blacksmith soon. Overproducing food. LOTS of buildings that have to be built, and mining have become required, so things are moving a bit slow, but I'll go for an educated baby-boom the next episode. 

[Image: vsg7ic.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
New Series of Banished with vanilla CC 1.76 as only mod, with focus on understanding CC, all buildings, items and pro... - by Elvenkind - 05-17-2019, 10:20 AM