How to Mod?

So I purchased Banished on Steam. On the workshop, the latest version they show is 0.06 - so I came here to get the latest version of the Megamod.

I'm unsure how to install the mod. On Steam you subscribe and then it is downloaded (to the correct place I suppose) and it is pretty automated. What do I need to do in order to install a mod like MegaMod on my computer. 

I see that I need to unrar the file into three parts, but where do I put them?

Thank you in advance

All mods go in your Banished > WinData folder. Mine is located at:   C: > Program Files (x86) > Steam > steamapps > common > Banished > WinData.  After you put the .pkm files in this folder, go into the game and check the mods you want to use and uncheck those you longer need (such as <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> Journey 1.75 which is included in MegaMod 8). Then exit the game completely. This helps to prevent crashes. Then you can go back in and start a new game.

Note that to extract the .pkm files from the .rar, you should make sure you are using an updated version of your extraction program (such as 7-Zip or WinRAR).

Enjoy!

Thanks Governor thats just what I was wondering..

1. This should be pinned, or included in a FAQ.
2. Also maybe mention that the mods will turn red, indicating they conflict with each other.