Built a blacksmith, clicked on upgrade, building wont demolish and cannot delete, what to do?

I built a blacksmith. When the building was done, I clicked on the "Country smith" icon. The building is now stuck. I cannot demolish it, and I cannot delete it. No progress toward the County Smith. How do I fix this?

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_04/5ae58252679c8_Banishedscreenshot.thumb.png.7cc3016ddb51265b80be262abe8dc4cd.png[/img]

The building needs to be emptied by labourers first. Are they all busy doing something else? Do you have enough free storage space to put all the stuff that's inside the building? I see your barn is marked up for demolition, do you have a regular barn somewhere else to drop all the stuff from that one and the smithy in? Labourers will very rarely bring stuff to store in a market, you always need regular barn-type of buildings in a town. Though consdering the size of your town, that shouldn't be the issue.

I see your population is pretty high. Are you playing at very high speed? It could be that the AI doesn't have time to finish assigning jobs before it needs to restart its next round of pathing/job assignement calculations. Things sometimes rind to a halt in old towns at high speeds. Exiting and relaunching the game and trying to play at lower speeds can help.

Hi, that is not the problem. It never completes. I have 89 builders and 210 laborers with much empty space in warehouses, silos, etc. It never completes the demolish, it just sits (And is still sitting 18 game years later.

I would try building a small barn right next to it so there's no excuse for not emptying the building, then prioritize the blacksmith.  But if that doesn't work, and want to just get rid of it, have you tried using the Cancel Removal tool then the Remove Structure tool?

Yes, nothing works. I was hoping one of the devs would see the question. Maybe a console command to reset it or something.