Inn and Garden + Viking Stock Vault

For some reason my employee at Inn and Garden does not collect luxury items such Rum, Liquer and Pub Meals from Viking Stock Vault, why?

is it possible your employee is a producer of items (a brewer), not a vendor type (like a market employee)?

Quote:
2 hours ago, Ketchup said:

is it possible your employee is a producer of items (a brewer), not a vendor type (like a market employee)?

I recruited him thru Inn, he is ale wench as in occupation. If that's what you meant.

i will let Kralyerg to answer this because i dont have the code of his inn and garden so i dont know if it is a "market type" and if his job is go around and collect all alcohol around

The Ale Wench should collect Luxuries from producers not other Luxury Storage facilities.

Quote:
10 hours ago, estherhb said:

The Ale Wench should collect Luxuries from producers not other Luxury Storage facilities.

This sounds really odd to me, so all that rum and liquer I bought from trader is sitting in storage for nothing and Inn next to it is bone dry? Also I produced those pub meals and now they are also in storage, so...WTF? Collecting only from producers seem a bit dumb to me.

I've passed this question on to Kralyerg to find out just how it works. 

In the original game, the Ale Wench's role was to produce the booze from fruits, so she worked like the tailor or blacksmith, grabbing materials to bring to her workplace and making stuff from them. The difference was that she wouldn't move the booze out of her workplace's storage but let it sit there to be consumed by anyone in need of a pick-me-up.

So I suspec that an Ale Wench doesn't know how to pick up booze from storage to bring to the taverns in mods. It'd be like a tailor stealing clothes from the barns to bring back to his shop. In mods there just there to let people use the stuff stored in their tavern, a bit like ah herbalist that reached the herb limits and is just there to let people use the herbs to feel better.

All the "consume luxuries without making them" places added in mods seem to have that issue. It's the place producing the booze/luxury that has to bring it to be stored at the "consumption place". The only way I've managed to have that working smoothly has always been to have the luxury "consumption" place be the closest available drop off place for workers making the booze.

I don't know if the Ale Wench's job can actually be tweaked to fix that. I don't think the problem is with the building's sotarge flags or anything like that, just stubborn workers who are too dumb to make sure they have booze in their cellar.

In vanilla Banished, the Tavern made Ale, stored it and was a place people could go to consume it. Ale could be moved to and from the Trading Post for Trade.  In Colonial Charter, the production of Luxuries was separated from the storage/consumption functions. So Ale was made in a Brewery, Wine in a Winery, etc. The producers (or laborers) moved those products to a Tavern (or other building that stores Luxuries and provides them to citizens such as the Coffee House).  Traders go to Taverns to pick up Luxuries for trade and if you buy additional Luxuries, they are put in Taverns to be consumed.  <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> doesn't have any "barns" (except the small Luxuries cellar) that stores Luxuries so the problem you're having didn't happen.

Taverns really don't have a lot of storage space for Luxuries, so some modders have built separate storage for Luxuries such as Discrepancy's Viking Stock Vault. Since you are playing with MegaMod, you can now build these.  If you are using Luxuries as a trade item, they allow you to store more Luxuries and Traders can move product in and out of the Vault.  However, if you buy Luxuries for your people to consume, there is no way for you to tell the traders where they should be stored. Some might end up in a Tavern (where you want them to go) and some might end up in the Vault [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" /> 

To solve your issue, you could destroy the Vault or other buildings that only store Luxuries (such as the Luxury Warehouse). You could build a tavern/inn and garden/coffee house right next to your Trading Post so Traders find it more convenient to take Luxuries there (may take a while for the pathing to change.) Or you could find other ways to make your Bannies happy and just use Luxuries for trade.

Then there's the question of "What do Ale Wenches do?"  To my surprise, they don't do anything.  They apparently don't move product back and forth.  I'm guessing they talk up the customers, water down the drinks, and throw out the drunks. But that's about it. 

Kralyerg is looking into whether Taverns can be designated as a market that only handles luxuries. This would allow the Ale Wench to function as a Vendor. But, he'll have to test whether consumption works the same as it does now since Luxuries are not taken to homes to be consumed like food is. (I don't really know how consumption works so I'm just guessing here.) This isn't something that can be introduced quickly - so be patient. 

I'm wondering if the solution wouldn't be to make the Ale Wenches use Booze as a material to produce Booze. That way they'd go get the existing booze made elsewhere from other storage places and bring it to their "tavern" and play at fake-transforming that booze into the stuff that people come and drink while having a chat.

Of course it could get a it messy with the amount of different wines/alcohols/teas/coffees/ etc etc.