MegaMod 8 RC5 Discussion / Bug Reports

I'm not sure I'm going to explain this bug well, so ask me questions if I'm not clear.  The re-textured vanilla market, which I believe is called Rural Market by <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>, used to have that feature where you could put roads through it.  This feature was present in RC4, and now it's gone.  You can only put roads around the outside.

Put another way, except for the different color of the awnings, it now behaves as it did in the unmodded game.

Quote:
20 hours ago, Goblin Girl said:

I'm not sure I'm going to explain this bug well, so ask me questions if I'm not clear.  The re-textured vanilla market, which I believe is called Rural Market by <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>, used to have that feature where you could put roads through it.  This feature was present in RC4, and now it's gone.  You can only put roads around the outside.

Put another way, except for the different color of the awnings, it now behaves as it did in the unmodded game.

Are you perhaps thinking of the market called Central Market? I am not seeing one called Rural Market. The Central Market is the same size as the normal Market but has a different appearance, bigger radius, and bigger storage capacity. The Central Market has roads marked through it.

[Image: OMzP9s2.png]

It's the basic vanilla market, and it is now called Market.  I think that <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> renamed it Rural Market?  Maybe it was just for the first few releases?  Dunno.  Anyway, there was a mod called...um...Tighter Roads, I think?  It was standalone long, long ago.  It was incorporated into <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>.  That vanilla (but re-skinned) market had roads through it.  Now, it does not.

Quote:
2 hours ago, Goblin Girl said:

It's the basic vanilla market, and it is now called Market.  I think that <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> renamed it Rural Market?  Maybe it was just for the first few releases?  Dunno.  Anyway, there was a mod called...um...Tighter Roads, I think?  It was standalone long, long ago.  It was incorporated into <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>.  That vanilla (but re-skinned) market had roads through it.  Now, it does not.

Oh. Ok.

I can't say I ever remember the Market having roads through it, but I also don't play with it that much either. I also didn't play with RC4. I went from RC3 to RC5.

Ok... I need help. I want to play the MM8, but I can't figure out how to do it. I've downloaded it, but I can't figure out where to extract it to. I have Banished through Steam. When I click on my Banish file, the only thing there is a "Saves" folder which has a few different old saves in it. I can't find the Windata file for Banished. Can someone break it down "Dummy" style for me??

ok steam....

open your steam interface, right click on "banished" at the left and pickup properties.

then go to the "Local files" TAB and click on "Browse local files" a folder will appear. you should see inside a folder called "WinData" , go there.

it is there you need to extract your files from your zip.

double click your .zip and give it the same path that you have in this opened folder (the path is at top of this window)

Quote:
10 hours ago, Queen Alysandra said:

Ok... I need help. I want to play the MM8, but I can't figure out how to do it. I've downloaded it, but I can't figure out where to extract it to. I have Banished through Steam. When I click on my Banish file, the only thing there is a "Saves" folder which has a few different old saves in it. I can't find the Windata file for Banished. Can someone break it down "Dummy" style for me??

<p style="color:#272a34;">
The Save folder is under Documents > Banished. This is not where mods go.

All mods go in your Banished > WinData folder. Mine is located at:   C: > Program Files (x86) > Steam > steamapps > common > Banished > WinData.  After you put the .pkm files in this folder, go into the game and check the mods you want to use and uncheck those you longer need (such as <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>Journey 1.75 which is included in MegaMod 8). Then exit the game completely. This helps to prevent crashes. Then you can go back in and start a new game.

Note that to extract the .pkm files from the .rar, you should make sure you are using an updated version of your extraction program (such as 7-Zip or WinRAR).

Possible bug: I found that both glassworks under the crafted toolbar have the option to use coal and "industrial coal", as opposed to "furnace fuel".  The result is I have to make my glass with coal and I can't use the more efficient "furnace fuel".

In addition, would it be possible to put the <abbr title="New Medieval Town">NMT</abbr> houses (the 3-level set) under the housing toolbar?

Having fun with this mod so far!

Quote:
4 hours ago, estherhb said:

The Save folder is under Documents > Banished. This is not where mods go.

All mods go in your Banished > WinData folder. Mine is located at:   C: > Program Files (x86) > Steam > steamapps > common > Banished > WinData.  After you put the .pkm files in this folder, go into the game and check the mods you want to use and uncheck those you longer need (such as <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>Journey 1.75 which is included in MegaMod 8). Then exit the game completely. This helps to prevent crashes. Then you can go back in and start a new game.

Note that to extract the .pkm files from the .rar, you should make sure you are using an updated version of your extraction program (such as 7-Zip or WinRAR).

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! 

Quote:
14 hours ago, Ketchup said:

ok steam....

open your steam interface, right click on "banished" at the left and pickup properties.

then go to the "Local files" TAB and click on "Browse local files" a folder will appear. you should see inside a folder called "WinData" , go there.

it is there you need to extract your files from your zip.

double click your .zip and give it the same path that you have in this opened folder (the path is at top of this window)

thats the best way to find where are the steam games for everybody that use steam. we, everyone, we are not saving our games at same place all the time. 

me, i never never store my games on the "C:\" drive! never!