MegaMod 8 RC5 Discussion / Bug Reports

@Firkin :

Not sure why the tutorial is causing crashes - this is a problem with vanilla Banished. Unfortunately Crash Dump files aren't terribly helpful since they aren't really in English. All you can do is look through them and see if anything stands out.  First, make sure you are using the current version of Banished - 1.0.7 Build 170910.  Make sure your antivirus program isn't preventing saves and sees Banished as a friend.  I'm seeing references to Parental Settings - maybe these are getting in the way?

I also noticed references to lots of mods:  South African Housing, Better Stockpiles, Apiary, DS Jetty, DS Harsh Mountains, EB Tannery, RK Garden Wall, and Ghost Ground Cover.  Those references shouldn't exist if you aren't using any mods .  My guess is you (or someone else in the family that plays Banished) subscribed to these mods off of Steam. To get rid of them, unsubscribe from the Steam Workshop, then go into your Banished > WinData folder and delete the .pkm files (be sure to keep the four .pkg files). Go back into the game, making sure no mods appear, then exit the game completely. Then go in and starting a new game. (Any time you add or delete mods, you need to exit the game completely which helps prevent crashes.)

If this doesn't work, you could try looking up this issue in the Steam Discussion. I've never used the Tutorial. Instead I watched a lot of Banished YouTubes. I think Pinstar's Crossroads is a good tutorial.  Honeywell's Perfect Town is also good. My favorite is Skye Storme's 1st series - love his sense of humor.

Hope this helps.

Messages In This Thread
MegaMod 8 RC5 Discussion / Bug Reports - by pawz - 05-21-2018, 12:07 PM
MegaMod 8 RC5 Discussion / Bug Reports - by pawz - 05-22-2018, 12:41 AM
MegaMod 8 RC5 Discussion / Bug Reports - by estherhb - 07-05-2018, 11:31 AM
MegaMod 8 RC5 Discussion / Bug Reports - by Aeger - 08-27-2018, 05:04 AM
MegaMod 8 RC5 Discussion / Bug Reports - by kmo - 10-23-2018, 04:33 AM
MegaMod 8 RC5 Discussion / Bug Reports - by Pai - 07-15-2019, 11:40 AM
MegaMod 8 RC5 Discussion / Bug Reports - by Pai - 07-15-2019, 01:18 PM
MegaMod 8 RC5 Discussion / Bug Reports - by Pai - 07-16-2019, 01:00 PM