Food shortages on easy

I've had no issues playing any mode with any versions , easy to hard, until yesterday when I finally got to download version 8 RC 5. I started an easy game to play test, laid out my roads, forest hub, my crop and herd fields.  The usual.  Cranked it up and everything went great until the first group of babies were born and it went from 900 to 400 instantly.  Then by Fall it was 200 and then zero.  I also noticed by field produced only about 50 even though they started in mid Spring.  Restarted just to watch the field and noticed the field wasn't even growing a stalk.  Shortened story here, I unchecked the mods, completely removed, restarted a new game and still no improvements.  

I have no other mods installed.  I played RC 5 from last week before Saturday with no problems until I yesterday when I finally got to install and play the newest version.  

Help.  Should I completely uninstall Banished and reload from scratch?  I assume it's a glitch on my end some way or some how.  I'll test a medium difficulty shortly to check.

Thanks!  Don

I figured out what went wrong eventually. I kept the More Stable Population mod active but after I deleted it the farm growth returned to normal.  Sorry but I spent 4 hours deleting your mod then reinstall before I thought of it.  Case solved.