Tropical Climate and Food Growth

I recently reported that I had a problem with food growth but then I thought a mod conflicted but apparently it messed up the game.  I was wrong.  I've tested every climate and found grows food at a normal rate EXCEPT when I set it to a tropical climate.  I also used debug and gave myself every seed thinking it was peppers and planted another crop and still diminished growth on other seed types.

I have no mods installed.  I have save files for each.

Tested mild, Mediterranean, Temperate, Marine, tropical and mild climates.  Would someone else see if they can duplicate this?  Thank you.

Don

Some foods don't grow as well when the weather is too hot or too cold. This chart should help you: Temperatures in Colonial Charter

Thanks so much, estherhb.  That explains a lot.  I'm glad you're patient because I have my "dim bulb" moments!  

Enjoy your game!

Is there some kind of Hotcrop Mod available for MegaMod like there was one for <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>?

Or is the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> one even compatible with MegaMod?

The hot crops mod for <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> should work for all <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>-plants in <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>. Maybe at some point someone will add the non-<abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> crops to it, but at the moment it won't affect them.