MegaMod 8 Open Discussion

Can you please put all the housing, food items, etc, etc, back in their proper tabs? Instead of having to go to that themed set to find it. Most of the time I'm: "hey, I need a food thing here, lets see what my options are". Now I have to click through all the sets to see the different options, then plan my area. Instead of planning my area then seeing what will fit, or seeing at a glance what there is. It takes forever. Plus, most of the stuff in the main tabs (housing for example), I never use and will never use. So now it's almost useless to me. Or the greenhouses. There's 3-4 sets that have greenhouses. So to find a greenhouse, I need to either remember what set it is, or else click through them all. If most people don't want them all in the main tabs, then can we have an extra optional file we can download for this? I understand having some separated, like the old outdated mods, but there's more in that one tab than not...

Also, there's two entries in the themed sets tab for the tiny row houses. They're on their own, plus they're in with the other row houses.

Do we need a mod collection tab? Aren't they already in the proper tabs? [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/blink.png[/img]/emoticons/blink@2x.png 2x" title="O.o" width="20" /> (Actually asking what the difference is)

Not trying to sound demanding or ungrateful. I love you guys and your brilliance. Just confused. And a little frustrated. I expect a little relearning/ getting used to a new build, but this one is yo-yo-ing between 'I LOVE THIS' and "Whyyy does it take so much work to demand a tiny thing from my pretend little ant people!???". Lol. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/laugh.png[/img]/emoticons/laugh@2x.png 2x" title="xD" width="20" />

I was disappointed to learn that there isn't a single file that creates the toolbars which would make it much easier to organize them. Most mods these days are set up to be listed under the Community Toolbar by Modder. The Modder determines how those listings are done. Kralyerg has made an attempt to also put things under the regular toolbar so houses are listed together, foresters are together, etc.  The problem is what do you do with themed sets?  If I'm building a dock town, I want everything listed together; however, I often use these pieces (especially the market, houses, workshop, etc.) on ground with regular buildings. So, should those be listed separately too?  That's going to mean that any item in a set will need to be included in 3 places: in the Community toolbar, under Themed Sets and under the "regular" toolbar. The fact is that this is a hell of a lot of work and Kralyerg is one person. It's awfully helpful if you're already familiar with the mods that are in there - but how many people have played with all 200+ mods?  If there's a lot in <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> that you don't want to use, you could do as some of us do. Play <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> to find out what mods you like, then switch to using <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>, along with the 40 or so mods you especially like.  Over time, I would expect that it will all become better organized - but keep in mind that "better" is in the eye of the gamer.

I also use the dock pieces on land, but I know there's a house, market, storage, etc, from that set, so I go to house, then find the dock. But I see what you're saying.

Instead of having a themed tab, if we need a modders tab, (I don't remember who made what, so that's not going to get used. Lol. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> ) couldn't we have the sets under the modder instead of a themed set button? So they'd be in two places, the regular tab and the modder. Change the Themed tab to a Misc tab like the last <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> for modders who only have one-two things.

Like the row houses for example; they're one of my favorites. But couldn't the houses just be put into the houses tab because they have their own sub tab? The 'supporting' buildings could have a tab when you open up the industry tab.

I'm almost tempted to go back to the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 7 and just add in stuff from here. But that's a pain to add in all the stuff and then try to keep it all updated. First I'd have to play enough to learn the new stuff, figure out what's it is / called, and then find out who made it and where to get it. And every mod makes it longer to load. Wish I knew how to just change the menu tabs myself. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" /> 

All things considered, two complaints with the whole set up isn't bad. It's just that the one complaint is what the whole gameplay is set up around. Lol.

I figured even if these guys are too busy, no ones going to make one if no one knows it's wanted, right? Maybe someone else will. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> 

Hi all , i desperately need some help here. 

I keep getting a Fatal Access Error every time I try to use the Debug Menu. As soon as I click on it my game crashes.

I have tried changing the DX versions... Error on both 

I have tried changing Terrain size. Small, Medium, Large and Very Large...Error on all 

I can't figure out the problem. 

My Version of the game.

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" data-fileid="3150" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_11/5be0c5ccbdfed_MyMM8BanishedVersion.png.9eedaf40228cf61219426d5fede1530d.png">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_11/5be0c5d5f08ea_MyMM8BanishedVersion.thumb.png.8da12113edb04517242448a13dec7b7d.png[/img]</a>

My Mods

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" data-fileid="3152" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_11/5be0c62fbb73c_MyMM8townmods.png.596b341ea37d1d3cb5c25d3cb16a5c0a.png">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_11/5be0c6356afa0_MyMM8townmods.thumb.png.647046d413c6c781a3981c076e3945a1.png[/img]</a>

The Error

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_11/5be0c6a4057e6_MyMM8townError.thumb.png.537ed08850d66d68c94d8c15d4f69653.png[/img]

The settings for my town.  But it does it on any Terrain Size...Small, Medium, Large and Very Large

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" data-fileid="3151" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_11/5be0c60c1628f_myMM8town.png.a8c36eabf99748b32b1d36b72f3e6459.png">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_11/5be0c6130fa67_myMM8town.thumb.png.7f43a1dfc9aa41bfc429b1cd694977bd.png[/img]</a>

<a class="ipsAttachLink" href="<___base_url___>/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=3155" data-fileid="3155">crash.dmp</a>     <--------If anyone can figure that out

try this one: my own personal debug : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YWnAJnL...sp=sharing

it will be placed directly on the main bar

Quote:
Just now, Ketchup said:

try this one: my own personal debug : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YWnAJnL...sp=sharing

Thank You Ketchup I will give it a try  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Quote:
33 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

it will be placed directly on the main bar

Placed it below MM8....It still crashed. All I want to do is play  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_11/5be0d12c1b920_UsingKetchupsDebug.thumb.png.d7f94eff3760ce5e0646c4adb31b0e1c.png[/img] 

***** I just moved it above MM8 in the mod order and still got the Crash.     <a class="ipsAttachLink" href="<___base_url___>/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=3157" data-fileid="3157">crash.dmp</a>

woah. if this one doesnt works.... i dunno what to say!

placed it on top ?

Quote:
Just now, Ketchup said:

woah. if this one doesnt works.... i dunno what to say!

placed it on top ?

Yup.   And as I have said I have done everything I can find to do to fix this.  Been at it it since Yesterday. 

I guess uninstalling, re-downloading, and re-installing everything is the only option I have left. 

did it bug before i mean somehow someday it was working with MM8 ... but not since lately ?