MegaMod 8 Open Discussion

Banished 1.07 + <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> 8.01 parts 1,2,3 - no other mods (ever, fresh install); new game

Multi-Mine[] producing tiny amount of edibles instead of Iron, Ore, and Stone

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_09/multi.png.01eedb7de112c0efc6cd165935abdb62.png[/img]

The reason you are seeing a small amount of seeds being produced is probably because one of the workers had a job as a gatherer for part of the previous year.  The up arrow with the line above it indicates that you have reached the limit of what that mine produces. You need to increase that limit. 

The Tudor Town Barn does not seem to store Misc. items (flowers for example), while it should, according to the description

Hi group...1st post here...coming back to Banished after a bit over a year. According to Steam, I had at least 100 hours in game. It looks like last time I played, <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> was only at 1.55!

Anyway, my question is about <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>...I saw some posts that say unless you have a good PC with minimum 8gb ram, then don't run it.  My PC is 7 yrs old now, an I5-2500k with 8gb ram and my video card is an AMD R9 380. Do you think I'll have any problems with MM8?  

i think you will be totally fine [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> just take care of the extra large / huge maps [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Thanks! If I remember right I usually stuck to regular large maps! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

I love the mod, but there are a few things that could be changed to make the game better. English isnt my main language so dont hate on me [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/tongue.png[/img]/emoticons/tongue@2x.png 2x" title=":P" width="20" />

First off, my citizens got stuck too, but it was with the boathouse. they didnt put supplies in their houses or resources because they apparently couldnt reach it but still they lived there. When i wanted to delete the building the builers got stuck on the boat and died. Also i tried making a fishing dock but they refused to build it. Then i made a Shore House in that same area, but they didnt build it either. The boathouse, shore house and fishing dock were all on the same small area of the map. 

What I really would appreciate as an improvement is the toolbar... Im getting lost in the options. The Themes toolbar option has houses and woodcutter types and stuff that are not in the regular tabs for buildings.. If i want to find the most suitable tailor (for the space i have somewhere, the looks together with other buildings) i have to go to every single tab to try find it somewhere and then look for the others and get lost in the toolbar.. I would really like it if all the tailors were all together in one spot instead of hiding within all the different toolbar tabs and within that other tabs and within that more.. 

I wish i could change it myself i have no good total picture of where to find what different buildings are in the game for a certain type that i need at that moment... It takes half of my time and i get a headache from searching in all those toolbar tabs. For example, i needed to make beeswax. So i had to search all the toolbars to find something called an apiary.. I found it somewhere i dont remember but apparently later i found out that there were more apiarie listen in other toolbar tabs (honey bee shelter etc.).  It would be so much more organized if they could be clustered together on type instead of listing them in the Original buildings list [F1 - F9], themed sets list and the mod collection toolbar. Furthermore, some of the items/buildings are on the other hand found on multiple spots.. Like the themed versions are also in the mod collection toolbar and some houses are under the houses toolbar and in the mod collection toolbar while some are only found in the latter…

So if you could group all the the items within categories so they can be found easy that would be really great. Or adding a search tool, to type the thing your looking for. Isnt there a mod to change stuff like the interface myself? [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/tongue.png[/img]/emoticons/tongue@2x.png 2x" title=":P" width="20" /> 

Another improvement would be to be able to only buy coal instead of all minerals from the Merchants. Or only leather, etc. But minerals are very expensive so its not great if u dont need any other than coal, and i dont like to keep checking the Merchants.

Last thing is that with x10 speed i lag and have trouble opening windows and clicking on stuff or moving on my screen. I only have 70 citizens.. i had this in vanilla banished when i had 500 people but im running on geforce GTX 1050 (gaming laptop), so thats kind of weird.

Anyway, thanks for the mod its much more fun with all those adds. 

MegaMod is a compilation of over 200 mods from various modders.  Most modders have designed their mods to be accessed through a "community" button from the main toolbar - that's the button with the people holding hands. Mods appear there under the name of the modder just as they were created by the modders. In addition, Kralyerg has added most of those same items to the regular toolbar so that types of buildings (trading posts, storage, houses, etc.) are in one spot for the most part. However, because there are lots of mods that consist of a group of matching buildings, those may appear under "themed sets" rather than pulling each item out, making it easier to find matching items. There isn't any way to design a search function.  This is a HUGE undertaking and it there's no way to make it easy to find all of the things included in <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> - only experience helps.  It is also not something you can change yourself.

I have no idea why you had a problem with the Boathouse - I think that's one of kid1293's mods. Perhaps there's a piece that should be used to connect it to land?  I'm guessing that items aren't being built because the workers can't get there for some reason - can you provide a picture?

The Merchants bring everything with the same Flag (think "category); modders can't specify that they only bring one item.  It helps if you order those items you want and specify that it is brought every time they come. Or you could manufacture the items you need the most.

Not sure why the lag with only 70 citizens. Extra Large maps can be a problem. You could try using the No Smoke mod.  The screen resolution you are using could make a difference too. 10X is also a problem.

Thanks again for your hard work!

Here's a couple of things I've noticed:

The swamp bundles seems to eat the reeds brought in. The worker keeps getting new reeds, yet none appear in the inventory and there is no bundles made.

Tiny House stacks huge amounts of firewood. I was wondering why my firewood was always low, and this house had nearly 300 firewood stocked in.

Edit: Also, how does the nomad signs work? The options are %, and that doesn't tell me anything, so I'm not sure which one to choose, if any.

The % on the Nomad sign is based on your total population. So, if you have 300 citizens, 5% brings 15 nomads and 10% would be 30 nomads. The % you choose is up to you. Make sure you have a hospital in case they bring a disease with them, and plenty of tools, clothing and food. You should also have enough temporary housing (boarding houses) - in <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> there are a lot of nice ones to choose from [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> . When you take in a lot of Nomads at one time, keep in mind they are free, but uneducated laborers. They can cause a population spike which later becomes and education spike, and even later, there's a death spike.  If you really need more Nomads, you can start with a high % and later destroy that sign and put in one with a lower %.

By "swamp bundles", do you mean "Firebundles" produced at the Dock Workshop or the Bundling Shed?  Note that it takes 25 Reeds to make 10 Firebundles with educated workers. The info screen for that building should show the # of Firebundles produced during the current and previous years. If you are really low on Firewood, the bundles might be used fairly quickly.

No idea why your Tiny House is storing a lot of Firewood. I don't have any Tiny Houses on my map, but I did notice that one of my Wooden Houses has 147 Firewood, while all of the others have much less.  It could be that Firewood became scarce at some point so the Tiny House family rushed out and stocked up on Firewood at some point (I know this happens when Food becomes scarce).  Just an FYI, I find the most efficient way to produce fuel for homes is to use a Stacks Burner which produces 11 Charcoal from each long. The Woodcutter only makes 4 Firewood from a log.