MegaMod 8 Open Discussion

I found an error that causes a crash, but I am not sure if you would be able to address it because it is probably a problem with the game itself, not the mod. When you activate <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> and deactivate other mods, start a game, and then quit to main menu without saving, the game crashes because it's trying to reason about the difference between <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> and the mods that were active before. The way the game works with mod loading is that it keeps active the mods from the last game save, so if you don't save on the first map you create with <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> active, it throws an error and crashes when you quit. The fix is simply to start a new game, save it, then quit. You can then great and quit as desired to find your perfect start.

each time you add a mod, uncheck a mod, move order you must never start a new map. you always need to close totally the game and restart it.

the game need to update the window registry. and the game only does it when you close totally the game.

we say that almost every day or every week lol. 457,985 times so far ^^

i know i exagerate but that's almost that hehe

ok so i loaded mm8 files into my win data folder, i tried to launch banished from Steam and i got this error "Steam Error, an error occured when up dating Banished (app running). where do i go from here?

deleted anything in that windata folder ?

because if you deleted the 4 data/patch pakages.... you killed your game. can we have some screenshot of your windata folder ?

I deleted everything in my windata folder. I guess I should uninstall the game and try again. Lord I suck at this 

haha no worry !

i did the same one day when we got the .... i think it was when we got patch 1.0.6 or 1.0.7 lol

Quote:
20 hours ago, Ketchup said:

haha no worry !

i did the same one day when we got the .... i think it was when we got patch 1.0.6 or 1.0.7 lol

Guilty too. I did that when I updated from 1.0.4 to 1.0.5 years ago. Took me 2 days to figure out why I was crashing.

I have no idea where to post this. But, if anyone is still working with mega mod, what/how do you fix bannies getting lost or disconnected from their homes? I have more than adequate housing but the little blighters still forget where they live and wander around homeless. I have all kinds of single citizens living alone in various houses while their spouses wander homeless. It appears to relate to how far from home they go or if they cross a bridge somewhere. 

I can't send them after resource harvests even 30 squares away sometimes without the entire crop of laborers suddenly showing the homeless icon.

I'm running no mods at all except <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>.

Hard to tell what's happening without a picture. Sounds like your laborers have found their way to the area that needs to be cleared, but aren't finding a way back. Try placing more bridges. Be sure to add at least a few sections of road at both ends so it doesn't become blocked by bushes or trees.

I've taken a few days to experiment and while I have no idea why the homeless bridge crossers happen I know how to work around it easily now. Just use the "stepping stone" stone bridge to lay down a first bridge. It crosses anything even rivers, and stay the heck away from the narrower bridges. Once you put down the stepping stone bridge no one gets de-homed again. It can be put in down river of where your going to put traders later and then torn out once you put in a wide stone bridge.