would like to swap trees back...

MM8 is lovely and  everything is working fine, but I mourn the loss of the silver birch trees and  would like to swap them back instead of what is now showing in MM8.. is that possible? I have downloaded the modkit 1.07 - is it something I can do myself??

Kralyerg has figured out how the trees were inadvertently changed. Now he needs to decide the best way to fix it.  Thanks for bringing it to his attention!

oh wow!! I thought it was an intentional change, and it isn't! that has cheered me up no end - I was thinking I would have to fiddle with it myself ( fat chance of success there) or stay with 1.75 and lose out on all the other goodies.. I do hope it can be fixed........ [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

has there been any progress  on swapping the trees back please?

or load the old <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> above the <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> and try that.not sure what the give and take would be.i actually use the pine mod.

I will stay with 1.75 for now and hope that MM8 will get successfully updated when/if Kralyerg has  figured  the solution - thank you for the advice though [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

a simpler solution would be to add the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> terrain start condition modular mod above the <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>.

not sure to what you  refer. I have <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> 1.75 loaded and a few stand-alones - no separate <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> mods. Are you saying I should download a stand-alone terrain mod? Sorry if I am being a bit dim...

yes under downloads,check for modulars. i use the frontier currently since the indian teepees are easier to build and don't require the upgrades to be used as houses. there is the terrains modular that should have the original trees in it. placed above your <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> or <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> will fix the issue but not affect the buildings or other <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> parts. if you prefer there are other start mods that you coud try as well. some will have their own trees others will revert back to the original vanilla trees. i use NECORA's pine mod.

have you checked WOB,world of banished? there are some options over there you might like.

i too wait for more fixes.the fort parts in the modular mod need some adjusting for them to work properly.can't remember which 1 off the top of my head.

ok, I will follow your advice - gently puzzled though because the trees that got changed in the latest <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> are  the 'vanilla' trees from the unmodded game - silver birch - but I will follow your advice install the latest <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> again  put the terrain modular at the top and see what happens. Thank you, will report back if it is successful [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />