Quays and the water line?
Is there a tool included to lower the land so you can get it below normal and get water running in there? I have one (not sure where I got it from) that will raise and lower in steps of 1, but it has a tendency to make the landscape buggy (As I don't know where it's from (not the Workshop) I have no way of upgrading it, if a fix was ever made). It's named Terraform SUPER BETA.
Doesn't anyone know how to build quays?
You have the "buildings" themselves, and a lot of decorative quay bits and pieces to build the whole thing. Some are "ghosted" so you can put them in places where a normal quay piece wouldn't work.
Buildings and quay bits have a land side (with road) and the other side has to be in the water. Sometimes you might need to space buildings a bit weirdly in order to fir them if the shoreline isn't straight. That's why you have the ghosted pieces to put in odd places ot make things look like a solid regular quay. Smile
They all work best on lakes and rivers. Fitting quay buildings on streams is a bit trickier as you don't always have enough water.

There's no better tool than the Terraform thing I'm afraid. Flattening is easy, lowering under normal 0 level is tricky and can only be done square by square. Always better to save before you start toying wiht that, and then work on a different save file. Even if things look super weird, it generally looks normal once the odd shoreline is covered with either buildings, quay pieces, or decorative ghosted quay.
(01-26-2021, 11:27 AM)Vrayna Wrote: You have the "buildings" themselves, and a lot of decorative quay bits and pieces to build the whole thing. Some are "ghosted" so you can put them in places where a normal quay piece wouldn't work.
Buildings and quay bits have a land side (with road) and the other side has to be in the water. Sometimes you might need to space buildings a bit weirdly in order to fir them if the shoreline isn't straight. That's why you have the ghosted pieces to put in odd places ot make things look like a solid regular quay. Smile
They all work best on lakes and rivers. Fitting quay buildings on streams is a bit trickier as you don't always have enough water.

There's no better tool than the Terraform thing I'm afraid. Flattening is easy, lowering under normal 0 level is tricky and can only be done square by square. Always better to save before you start toying wiht that, and then work on a different save file. Even if things look super weird, it generally looks normal once the odd shoreline is covered with either buildings, quay pieces, or decorative ghosted quay.
The thing with lowering is that it will almost always result in a bugged square. I was hoping the quays worked more like RK's canals. where they automatically lower the ground, to let water in.  Sad

Anyway, thanks for the reply.
the water plane for banished does not run the entire map. so yes you will get voids. there is another tool. Necora made a riffle mod. this does allow for angles instead of the square blocked terraforming. it also has water,different texture than the banished water however. his mod is less than a full tile depth.the water is also at a slightly different level than vanilla water. you should be able to find the riffle mod here or at WOB.