Where does food go?
Thanks again, I'll check the pathing tool on the dying guys.

It's very strange. Every winter and only in winter I see the hungry people sign. So I have followed a couple of them. They walk across the map, all to the same house where they do not live, and there they die. Now maybe the timer just happens to run out at that house, but for every one of them? And I think I checked, they are not going to their own house but I'll have to verify that. I've tried store house, cooks, vendors and even added cellars to some of the other house on their route. Nothing has worked so far.

I have notice that the game "tries" to put people near their jobs. Of course if I move the job? Well.......

An example is building when you don't have a lot of spare guys. You do a nice little project somewhere and when it's done you decide the other side of the map needs some work. It will take for ever to build anything because of the travel required. Then the worker shows up, drives in one nail, and goes home for lunch.

I've been thinking. If the game tries to match locations, what if you fired every one. Removed all the jobs, made everyone just a labourer, for 1 season, then put them, all back to work. Would the game then reassign the workers to the jobs closest to their homes?

I did find the market near where the worked was filled with non-edibles. Thank goodness for the strictly food vendors. I now build one of those near every general market.

I'll let you know how my route tracing works out.

Oh BTW, I'm over 1300 people now and clearing 25 to 35K extra food each year. I have about 600K food stored. Best I've managed so far. I have so many people not working should I do anything with them? Can't put them all on construction as that is too much of a strain on resources at one time. So I usually have 100 - 200 labourers?

Oh, I remember a good question. What do you consider a healthy ratio between adults, students, and children? It's intreating to watch it fluctuate and foretell if you are going to have a labour crunch soon or an adult population boom. I currently have about 800/300/300. It's fun to build a dozen houses and watch the resulting baby boom.

Right now I'm keeping the number of houses almost equal to the number of families. I find that gives me very good growth, almost dangerously good in the early game as population can outrun my food production when they are all in school instead of working.

I hope I'm not boring you with what are probably noob questions for you. But if I'm going to invest hundreds of hours in a game I really like to understand it as much as possible. Your help has been invaluable so far. As I said I now have my biggest population ever,

I did learn one thing on my own. Nomads will kill you almost every time. My population this time is 100% home grown. I have refused all nomad requests.

Messages In This Thread
Where does food go? - by Apothicus - 01-21-2021, 08:08 PM
RE: Where does food go? - by Vrayna - 01-22-2021, 12:39 AM
RE: Where does food go? - by Apothicus - 01-22-2021, 03:19 AM
RE: Where does food go? - by Vrayna - 01-22-2021, 04:00 PM
RE: Where does food go? - by Apothicus - 01-23-2021, 11:46 PM
RE: Where does food go? - by Vrayna - 01-24-2021, 01:54 AM
RE: Where does food go? - by Apothicus - 01-24-2021, 04:29 AM
RE: Where does food go? - by Vrayna - 01-24-2021, 05:42 AM
RE: Where does food go? - by Apothicus - 01-30-2021, 02:58 PM
RE: Where does food go? - by stiles - 01-30-2021, 06:27 PM
RE: Where does food go? - by Sabouma - 04-30-2021, 02:35 PM