MM Production Chains

Hello all.  I just went from vanilla to mega mod and I am finding it a bit of a learning curve how everything works.  Has anyone put together some sort of list/diagram of how to set up production chains for the new buildings?

For example, I found it really cool that you can upgrade houses, but when I went to upgrade from stone to the next one (colonial house I think), I discovered that I need materials that I didn't have.  It took me around an hour to find all of the buildings needed to get these resources.  I am pretty sure there will be a lot more buildings like that in <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> as I discover them.

Thank you for your time.

In this section you can find several information from <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> building and production chains

http://blackliquidsoftware.com/index.php?/forum/11-resources-charts-information/

Regarding other mods contained in <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> i don't think there is a single place with information.

For me, this was the most difficult "hurdle" in the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> until I read somewhere that I can do whatever construction tree I wanted, or didn't want.  That's true but I still need to make iron tools and clothing.

For clothing, I made simple leather coats to keep the bannies somewhat warm and later I wanted warmer coats which means I need sheep's wool.  I can continue to produce leather or make wool coats - my decision.

For tools, bannies collect iron ore.  I could have them make rough tools forever but they'd break and need replacing quickly.  For them to make iron I'd need a smelter AND produce furnace fuel which burns hotter than plain firewood.  And for furnace fuel I need to decide what basic materials I want to produce around the map, including firewood, coal, reed bundles, etc.  My decision.

I may keep housing at a basic level or make advanced housing, my decision.  I may build the standard cabins found in the vanilla and later upgrade them a single step to stone housing and for that I need lots of stone which means I may need a quarry. 

Or for more advanced housing, I'd need the basic housing supplies.  It took several games to figure this one out but what helped most was to build the building supplier, select which items I wanted to produce and then build those other support buildings.  (Such as, I may want glass, bricks and lumber so I need glassworks, brickworks and lumber.  The first two items are in the production buttons.  But to produce glass and bricks I may need furnace fuel.)  

I felt I needed to play the game without cheating but to learn I needed the debug and select zero cost building.  I could tinker without wasting a lot of time and learn the production tree whenever.  Don't forget to save first or, like me, you'll wish you could return to a previous save.

For food, bannies could live on plain lettuce, fish, walnuts, milk, beef, etc or I could build a bakery for better foods.  Or flowers and water to make perfume.  Or root beer from roots.  Or mead from honey.  The bannies would be happy grinding their own wheat or drink milk and never complain about only getting basic food stuffs.  

In closing,I hope I've said everything correctly but very willing to learn more from other players.  I'm not 1000% knowledgable or don't always say things correctly but I think I've stated what I've learned here and from others.

Quote:
On 7/19/2018 at 0:38 PM, Xaosmaster said:

For example, I found it really cool that you can upgrade houses, but when I went to upgrade from stone to the next one (colonial house I think), I discovered that I need materials that I didn't have.  It took me around an hour to find all of the buildings needed to get these resources.  I am pretty sure there will be a lot more buildings like that in <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> as I discover them.

Thank you for your time.

What I do is figure out what I want to produce, and what I want to acquire by trade.  Building supplies can be traded for, and I usually do.  Also homewares and fancy homewares.  To be able to afford all these expensive trade goods, I produce some of the following: perfume, charcoal, statues, wool coats, and herbs.  I've found that I rarely need herbs to keep my people healthy, and even if I do, I don't need nearly as many as I collect via clearing land and harvesting.

I tend to prioritize acquiring oat seeds, so I can build a stable which gets me domestic animals.  One sheep pen and four milk pens will give me enough warm coats for my Bannies, with plenty of wool to trade away directly or make into wool coats for trade.  Those pens will also give me plenty of milk, which I can use directly or make into cheese, butter, cream, etc. 

Also, even if I trade for all the building supplies I will ever use, I do tend to make bricks.  Stone is a finite resource, so I don't waste it on roads.  Instead I make my advanced roads out of brick. 

The building upgrade process has been the biggest hurdle.  Figuring out which building produced what I need.  Also finding the menu that a building is on.  Many of the common things have been moved way out from where they were in vanilla for some reason, like Herbalist Shack, so it is not really intuitive where something might be on the menu.

Quote:
18 hours ago, Xaosmaster said:

The building upgrade process has been the biggest hurdle.  Figuring out which building produced what I need.  Also finding the menu that a building is on.  Many of the common things have been moved way out from where they were in vanilla for some reason, like Herbalist Shack, so it is not really intuitive where something might be on the menu.

There are so many options now that I suppose that was bound to happen.  I'm actually liking the menu organization in the latest version of <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> and of Megamod.  I do still forget where something is every now and then, but for the most part things are where I expect them to be.

Well,  since I've now discovered 'row houses' I no longer need to worry about homewares and building supplies lol.  There are so many mods here.  I discover new stuff every time I play.