Standalone mod request

Hello [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

I was just wondering if there are any plans to add "Milk" to the list of inedible food mods?  ( EDIT: I've just noticed there's more than one page of Inedible food mods, oops! lol. I've now got the Milk one [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />)

One other thing I was noticing, is that markets generally swamp themselves with foods that are both edible and non-edible (if we're using any of the standalone mods). I did see a market in the list which states that it stocks edible foods only but we would need to add others in the area to stock other necessity items like the tools and herbs - so I was wondering if it would be possible to have a market that only stocks:

Edible Foods,

Herbs,

Tools &

Clothes.

and leaves out the general materials/resources for production chains.

Thanks ^^ 

This is an interesting dilemma.  Like you, I was getting tired of the market clogging up with inedible foods and stuff I wasn't using like feathers.  So, I tried using a market that stocked edible foods only.  But there's a problem with this too: if you place a bakery near the market, then that's not efficient because the flour will not be stocked.

So for me, the solution has been to build the warehouse (megamod) or now there's a wagon in the new Westward Ho the Wagons that does the same thing.  You do have to staff it, but then it will collect all of the random stuff you aren't using. 

I typically don't bother with markets (I do place one, but pause it) until I get at least 30 adults.  And at that point, I can afford to use multiple vendors, either in a single building or spread across several.

KID's market puzzle does have some options for food and a general that stocks tools,clothing,firewood,and herbs.EB also has a set.RED's carts help since they are more specific on what they store. remember too that a 1.06 mod is designed to store 1.06 items not 1.07. though they are older mods does not mean they will not work. the mini mod does have a food vendor. combine it with a tool shop,wood chopper, and a clothing maker and you have a start.what you make will be in barns close by and the food vendor will keep all food groups in 1 spot. there are some general market mods out there that will do as you suggested. again these are 1.06 mods but do work. SLINK's small market set does have a general market. be advised if you have older mods, items will still be coded 1.06. such as the "my precious "mod. so yes you still will have silver and gold moved oddly. 

Yeah I had hit a bug before with workers looping and being unable to drop materials off in some buildings, though someone on Steam helped me figure it out by pointing me in the right direction of having the latest mods instead of older versions, and I think this was causing an issue with the "flags" which was causing the loop bug. 

So I downloaded Megamod 8, as I was previously using MM7 and <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.6 from the Steam workshop - though now I'm in the middle of downloading <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> 8.01 (Thank you, Goblin Girl [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" /> ) to fix a couple of other issues I came across. Long story short, I've had to restart a new game a lot this past week so I think I'm just going to try to avoid using outdated mods incase they conflict with the game later on down the line haha. 

Yeah I was looking at the Market Puzzle options and such, as well as the "Edible foods only" market which has a big radius. I was contemplating having only the Edible foods only market in the centre, then having a group of 4 sets of markets for other materials such as herbs, tools and clothing further out from the centre on a north, west, east and south point thinking that it might cut time for workers travelling to get new tools, the only downside is that there is quite a lot of micromanagement and workers needed until I hit a point where I can afford to leave workers in there permanently.

yeah,there are a couple mods that the markets will get stuck in loops.the compatability 1.07 mod might override them.in early games,the town is small enough markets aren't needed much. sometimes i will use 1 to empty barns for the farmers and to concentrate all food groups for the bannies.lots of times i'll enable the vendor in late summer or spring just to clear barns before harvest season.if there is 2 areas set up,i often will send the vendor from 1 market to the other.

early in game i also leave the tool and clothing limits down.this way the workers spend more time helping the laborers.the bannies won't run out of anything ,and this way too they already live near their main workplace.