Fishing and hunting gear

Hello from one of the newest members here.

First of all, thanks for all the hard work from the modders community, I have been enjoying <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> and MegaMod for the past week (only played vanilla until then) and I feel like I am playing a totally new Banished game, incredible work.

I just have two quick questions as someone who's new to these mods: What is the purpose of creating hunting and fishing gear in a workshop and how do these resources work? And what can I do with flowers?

Thank you,

Damien

not sure about  hunting and fishing gear but you create perfume with flowers. and soon in next <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> you will maybe do healing potions to be used in apothecary.

perfume is a very nice trade resource or i think in <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> it can be used as luxury and used for happiness.

Healing potions sounds good!

I looked around the many different toolbars and found that fishing gear is necessary to the building of some of Descrepancy's bridge buildings. I guess Hunting gear is useful for some other DS buildings.

Quote:
11 hours ago, Damien7Carter said:

And what can I do with flowers?

I just wanted to add to what Red said.  If you build a windmill pump or some other source of water, and also a perfumery, you can use the flowers to create perfume. You will also need some type of storage that can hold luxuries.  I typically build a cellar right on the side of the perfumery.  Perfume has become one of my favorite trade items.  It's worth 8, and it's quite easy to build up a huge stash of it.  I used to use firewood or charcoal as my preferred trade item, but now it's perfume.  Since the flowers are available from the gatherer right away, it allows me to start trading for seeds by the end of the 2nd year.  (Hint: the Alotofseeds trader is great for this.  I tear it down after I have a decent seletion, and replace it with the farm supply trader for additional seeds and livestock.

Thanks for your answers. For now I use flowers for trading since I have almost a thousand of them in my barn, and since they cost 1 they prove useful to even up trading costs. But I will build a perfumery when it's time.

Quote:
On 07/08/2018 at 7:32 AM, Ketchup said:

not sure about  hunting and fishing gear but you create perfume with flowers. and soon in next <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> you will maybe do healing potions to be used in apothecary.

perfume is a very nice trade resource or i think in <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> it can be used as luxury and used for happiness.

It could also be a nice addition to next <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> versions if flowers could be used to craft some items for trade purpose or in the bakeries/alcohol producers. It would also be more realistic if they were a resource needed to build <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> floral hedges and decorative items such as flower beds, etc. Just throwing some ideas out here.

i like alot the idea of floral hedges asking a flower as building material.

Quote:
On 8/6/2018 at 11:47 PM, Damien7Carter said:

I just have two quick questions as someone who's new to these mods: What is the purpose of creating hunting and fishing gear in a workshop

If I may refresh this question, I believe there are fishing and hunting structures that requires these.  Fishing I understand but I don't see an advantage for making hunting gear when all I shot is wild deer for venison.  And yet clothiers can make items from furs.  Am I missing something?  Can we hunt wild animals for pelts and make clothing from them?  Or is this a commodity that we have to purchase from a merchant?  Thanks.

And I absolutely LOVE this mod and can't wait for it to go public.

Don