Any one else having issues with running out of tools later in game?

I have 8 blacksmiths creating iron tools with a population of around 700.  Looking at the town hall, the production shows tools being created at twice the rate of use, but the general stats only show tools being used at a much higher rate with barely any ticks up.  Basically, each time I see one used in the town hall production one year stat, it is reflected in the general stat window, but when one is created in the town hall stat, it only rarely shows it added in the general stats.  Eventually I run out of tools.  I have restarted several times from a previous day save, and each time it seemed to be fine until I hit around 500 adults, then suddenly tools being created slows to a snails pace.  I have plenty of resources, both wood and iron.  Seems like this is a bug.  Mods used:  BL No Smoke, Bakery Plus, Blacksmith Tools, CC1.76, Quiet <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>, Simple Tombstones, Tropical Greenhouse, Cathedral, One year is one year.

Thanks

wood and iron ?

at 500+ pop even at 100+ pop you should already aiming to craft better tool than that. a very bad iron tool is good for 100 work units. that mean if you build 2 house of 50 work units each, your tool is scrap too. your builders need 1 tool and half to build a vanilla chapel which has a working units build requirement of 150 units...

when you've got to 300, 500, 700 citizens, thats a lot of workers/builders/laborers everywhere that are spending tons of work units. thats normal blacksmith have hard to keep up. you need to aim for better tools ! CopperAlloyTools, Steel Tools, Hardened / CarbonSteel Tools are made to last longer (180 wu, 200 wu, 300 / 300 wu each) depending the mods you use.

Hi Ketchup.  Thanks for the reply. 

I have been playing banished since it first became available.  I have gotten pretty good at understanding supply/demand and making sure resources are available for the workers to use.  I have played games well into the thousands for population, so I kind of have an idea of how many blacksmiths, tailors, fields etc are needed for certain population levels.  I have not had any issues in prior games, until CC1.76.  Any maybe it is one of the mods I am using.  This is the first time I am using Bakery Plus, Blacksmith Tools, CC1.76, Quiet <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>, Simple Tombstones, Tropical Greenhouse.  Maybe it is the Blacksmith Tool mod?  I love the idea of having them make my bronze tools.  The two workers in the blacksmith seem to be better than 4 workers in a forge.

Yes, I understand that iron tools are inferior to other types.  I just make them to use up the iron ore on my screen and then go over to bronze.  I personally don't find any other use for iron, other than making joists for my cathedral.  I suppose I could use it for building supplies, but the options using iron are more expensive than bricks/glass/logs. 

However, the tool type is not really the issue.  I initially had 4 blacksmiths making the tools, and they were keeping up just fine, but when my population reached about 500 workers, the tool count dropped dramatically (I try to keep double the population count of all items needed - tools, clothes and 200x the food).  I figured I had reached the point where I needed more blacksmiths, so I created 4 more and they showed no effect on the addition of tools, to the point where I had over 100 workers with no tools.  So I reloaded from a prior days backup, created more blacksmiths right away and set my tool limit to 1500.  I should mention that my worker count was around 460 when I reloaded the game, so the 40 or 50 extra adults coming out of school should not be that big of a deal.  The tool count exploded, and in a couple years I had 1500.  But then it happened again.... when my number of worker hit around 500, suddenly my blacksmiths could not keep up.  I was in the town hall, and I was looking at the current year tool production, and it showed twice as many tools being created as used.  Each time I saw a tick down of a tool being consumed, it showed in the stats, but when the blacksmith unloaded more tools into the warehouse, the current year tool production went up, but the stat window showed no change to the tool count.  Occasionally it would tick up one or two, but not enough to keep up with demand.  I even made all my forges work at max capacity to convert my bronze into bronze tools.  Still, within a few years, I was back to a shortage of tools again.

Maybe I need to start over and remove the blacksmith tool mod and see if that makes a difference.  Unfortunately, I would not have an answer for a few weeks.  I only play maybe a hour a day, if that.  At least I could narrow down where the issue may be.

Thank you for your time though.  I appreciate it.

i cannot say why you can have a such bug. there is nothing from our part (modder) we can do to change anything in tools consumption. maybe an "inner code" bug from developper ? i dont know. nothing we can verify. i know though there is something happening to food over a certain time/number of citizens: they will double the amount of food inside their house storage. (instead to try to store 100 food per year per adult/children they will jump at 250 per)

thats not something that can be verified by code, but it is an noticable effect.

Makes sense.  I will try another game or two, and if I continue noticing this problem, I can contact ShiningRock.

Thanks Ketchup!

Just an update... I found a topic on this in worldofbanished back in 2016.  Based on other comments I read, it would look to be a production glitch.

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1183.0

Buying mass quantities of tools from the trader seems to be one of the "fixes", so the glitch does not appear to go forever.   That was a lot easier prior to 1.76, as the industrial trader had the tools, but the current one only has minerals to build the tools.  I have not tried the dry good trader, so maybe the tools (and joists) are there in the newer version.  Otherwise, I guess I would just build a standard trader and hope the right ship comes rowing in. 

You don't need Blacksmith Tools - v.5 is included in MegaMod; loading an earlier version could create issues.  I would try eliminating One Year is One Year as it seems to cause various glitches. Interesting that the Industrial Trader no longer brings tools - I'll ask Kralyerg about that.

Hi estherhb.  I have tried MegaMod.  Very nice, but just too much for my personal tastes.  I just don't use most of the mods included and the icons... well, just too many.  Again, just personal tastes.  Understood that earlier versions may not work correctly though.  The glitch does seem to be in Banished itself, and not any of the mods.  I am finding more posts from a few years back that seem to be stating the same issues, mainly when populations get in the few hundreds.  I am surprised I have not run into it before.  I have played so many games..... so, so many.   [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

One Year Is One Year is one of my favorite mods.  Not getting rid of that one, but I can try some games without it for testing purposes.

Thanks