Unable to run MegaMod on Mac through Porting Kit

Having issues running the mod through the Porting Kit app on MacOS. I have tried to follow the install instructions on the Porting Kit app and have also tried to manually drag all 3 pkm files into the WinData folder for Banished but I receive a long black screen and an eventual crash. Am I missing anything here or is this not possible on a Mac?

i am not a mac user, i never had a mac in my hands so i cannot help you much but i have a couple of questions that comes to my mind.

the 3 files of megamod have a size of 5 giga and probably when you launch the game with that, it takes a minimum of 8G ram just for the game and that mod, more if you have more mods, more also for your OS and all the program/system/drivers installed on your mac. so my first question is , do you have enough RAM to support that (like 8-12-16 GB RAM ?)

and my second question would be about your "translation" program : Porting Kit app. does it allow to run a such high RAM requirement game ? maybe you can find some info of the limits of your program.

If you installed/wrapped/ported Banished first and tested it, then tried to add the .pkm files, that could be your issue. There was a very old thread on our previous forums about using Banished on Mac using WINE, and the conclusion was that you need to add the .pkm files inside the Windata folder, and then wrap everything together in WINE.

So whatever you're using, it could be worth trying to grab a fresh unported version of Banished and adding the mod files first, then doing whatever you need to do with your porting kit.

(That's just roughly what I remember from a thread I have't seen in a couple of years and can't seem to find. I've never tried any of it myself)

When I was using Wine, it was throwing up all sorts of problems and it's generally just a pain in the butt whenever you want to change your mods. 

The good news however is that it is possible to play this game with a lot of mods (this one included) on Mac. If you take a look at Bootcamp, you will be able to partition your hard drive so it's got dual boot with a windows OS. 

I highly recommend it over using Wine or any other VM. I've included a video which contains more information and a step-by-step instruction on how to install it (watch the full video before actually doing it though).

One other thing to take note on: the process does actually take quite a while to do though most of that is down to the installation and core set-up, so best to do it when you've got some spare time catching up on a TV show or something! It is usually about 45 minutes - 1 hr 15 minutes, so just keep in mind you won't be able to use the computer as normal while it's installing, etc. 

<div>
<iframe allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" height="270" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Hmm9Q-T0oTo?feature=oembed" width="480"></iframe>

</div>