Introductions & Updates

Quote:
6 minutes ago, rejectedegg said:

But my Favorite Map still is my first experience with All The Wild Things and all those cows I got ran over with.  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Could you make a post in the Funny Sightings section with that picture, its hilarious [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

We arent going anywhere. Thanks for the kind words also [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />  

Quote:
16 minutes ago, ShockPuppet said:

Could you make a post in the Funny Sightings section with that picture, its hilarious [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

We arent going anywhere. Thanks for the kind words also [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />  

Sure!  Would be happy to [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

It's up [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Hello! I am an older gal from Arkansas. I love city building games mostly. I also crochet a lot, and sew and sometimes cross stitch. I am differently-abled and live with the hubby and Sylvia Joy the cat who sees herself as Princess of Everything!

Getting back into <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>. About two weeks ago I jumped onto Banished and removed all the mods and refused to do anything else until I got all the achievements.(Becoming a little bit of an achievement whore) Can't even begin to tell you how much I have missed specialized stockpiles. Once I got 100% I stopped and downloaded the Mega Mod. Now I'm moving at a snail pace, so overwhelming, so much stuff. Kind of stuck dropping railroad tracks right now, grew up down the street from a railroad yard, so I'm a fan of anything trains. But we're going to get there, one building at a time. Or die trying. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

I'm from the center of the states, just outside Kansas City. Kansas side of course, hell yeah! Pretty much play anything that offers single player, from city builder to rts to simple clicking games. Quit multiplayer games because I find a large majority of that crowd just pisses me off these days. Glad to see <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> still around. Came across a post somewhere asking about <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> site being down, I thought we lost ya, had to investigate. Thanks for all the hard work and dedication over the years. Hard to believe Banished is coming up on 3 years old already. 

Hello, everyone! I'm new to <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> and have been away from Banished for a while. Just moved to New Orleans a few months ago and finally getting to play around on some of the old games. I've always been into the city builders and strategy games in particular. I'm looking forward to what seems like a great community.

Hello everyone, I am from the little country of Belgium. At the moment I am studying at the university. Banished is a great game (made great by the wonderfull people of Black Liquid), and i can really relax while playing it. The only problem is that i can loose many hours without even noticing it, which isn't really good when you are trying to study ;).

Hello to all

I am a 76 yr old woman who came to gaming rather later in life than most of you.  I fell in love with Might and Magic 2 back in '84, and played all the <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>'s and then all the Heroes up until Ubisoft got their hands on the franchise....  In '97 I was introduced to GemStone 3/4, an online text based MMORPG, and played that for 15 years. Steam came into my life in 2008 and I haven't looked back since.  I've only been playing Banished for about 200 hours and haven't dared try <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> yet as the one time I looked at it I knew it was way over my head until I got the base game down.  I'm feeling like in another 50 hours or so I might try <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>.  LOL  I've lurked a bit on the other forums, but decided it was time to join up.

I'm English by birth, have lived all over the world, been in the US far too long and since my son lives in Australia and has an Aussie wife, I am considering going to live there.  (Especially after the recent election!)  Virginia is my present base.

Quote:
22 hours ago, PredatorBeing said:

Getting back into <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>. About two weeks ago I jumped onto Banished and removed all the mods and refused to do anything else until I got all the achievements.(Becoming a little bit of an achievement whore) Can't even begin to tell you how much I have missed specialized stockpiles. Once I got 100% I stopped and downloaded the Mega Mod. Now I'm moving at a snail pace, so overwhelming, so much stuff. Kind of stuck dropping railroad tracks right now, grew up down the street from a railroad yard, so I'm a fan of anything trains. But we're going to get there, one building at a time. Or die trying. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

I'm from the center of the states, just outside Kansas City. Kansas side of course, hell yeah! Pretty much play anything that offers single player, from city builder to rts to simple clicking games. Quit multiplayer games because I find a large majority of that crowd just pisses me off these days. Glad to see <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> still around. Came across a post somewhere asking about <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> site being down, I thought we lost ya, had to investigate. Thanks for all the hard work and dedication over the years. Hard to believe Banished is coming up on 3 years old already. 

Ahh trains... I'm an amateur train-game fan, played only a few over the years with my last obsession being Train Fever and my latest obsession being the sequel game Transport Fever.

I understand exactly what you mean with MMO's, I've played a few over the last 17 years and I typically find the same reason in all of them for why I stop playing - a lot of the other players are jerks who believe your sole reason for existing is to be used by them to get what they want from the game.

Quote:
1 hour ago, TuffDwarf said:

Hello to all

I am a 76 yr old woman who came to gaming rather later in life than most of you.  I fell in love with Might and Magic 2 back in '84, and played all the <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>'s and then all the Heroes up until Ubisoft got their hands on the franchise....  In '97 I was introduced to GemStone 3/4, an online text based MMORPG, and played that for 15 years. Steam came into my life in 2008 and I haven't looked back since.  I've only been playing Banished for about 200 hours and haven't dared try <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> yet as the one time I looked at it I knew it was way over my head until I got the base game down.  I'm feeling like in another 50 hours or so I might try <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>.  LOL  I've lurked a bit on the other forums, but decided it was time to join up.

I'm English by birth, have lived all over the world, been in the US far too long and since my son lives in Australia and has an Aussie wife, I am considering going to live there.  (Especially after the recent election!)  Virginia is my present base.

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> You might have started later in life than most of us but in terms of date, you started before I did. I only started with computer games in the late 1990s (I think it was 1997 or 98) so you've got a lot more experience in them than I have! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Quote:
9 minutes ago, KevinTheCynic said:

Ahh trains... I'm an amateur train-game fan, played only a few over the years with my last obsession being Train Fever and my latest obsession being the sequel game Transport Fever.

I played Transport Tycoon in high school obsessively. TTD was the only game I played for at least a year, followed by Ascendancy. In HS I had binged on Master of Orion, Civilization, UFO Enemy Unknown and Populous. So many great games. I miss being of that age where all I could do is play games with my friends on holidays, feels like a lifetime ago.