Buildings layout on map

Hey everyone,

Im still a bit lost in this megamod. So many buildings and products, its hard to figure out the most optimal placements for distribution.

What buildings should i group together?

What is the best place for storage buildings (and types of it...) right now i wanted to make almost all products and have all farm animals. So i end up with way too much meat and a lot of different products. The markets are overloaded with meat, i try put them in a wearhouse. The barns are overloaded. I made some distribution barns, for farmers and for gatherers. But im kind of lost with it. Everything is everywhere and its very full. So i try figure out where to put the storage barns, and what to do about the distribution barns.

So i came to the conclusion i had to redo my layout. Outside at bottom of my city i have farms and pastures. The top outside layer has foresters, herbalists, gatherers.

On the right side are my traders. And near the center i have stuff for building supplies and woodcutters.

I wanted make an industreal area on the side of the traders, because i have a river there. Well im just lost.

So what buildings should be grouped? (All special added buildings included) and what buildings should be in my city? I could really use some tips on this.

sounds like you are overwhelmed.that can happen with the <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> as it adds so many mods in 1.we recommend playing vanilla and add mods as you go. this works to get used to the concepts.plus every player is different and has their own style and likes.

main things you need to have is food,all 4 types. grain,veggy,fruit,and meat.otherwise the health will drop down.next you need firewood,tools,and clothing.there are many options on how to get those.these basics are needed by all in every town.you can make these in each town or move them with a market.

otherwise much depends on the map and what the bannies needs are.if you have rivers or lakes they may be in your way or mountains can be harder to work around also.then as education drops or a bannie gets sick etc,the level of food can go down.as you take nomads or add houses the population will grow and need more food and other items.watch your limits.games start with low numbers.if you have not adjusted the limit,buildings will stop producing.in the beginning of the game this can be hepful as these workers do help laborers.

as for layouts to help move items,there has been improvements.now we have specified markets to help move certain items.some markets do still move lots of mixed items and may move needed items less often.if you have a production or mine area,remember to make sure you are supplying it with food and needed tools etc.this saves the bannies walking all over to find them.

since you say all your barns are full, i assume you either did not take any nomads or you did not build houses for the younger bannies.problem will be when all the older 1's die.then what?  there are several ways to get nomads. i do not play the <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>. i rather add 125 mods or so and change as i want.there are some that require a TP,TH,and market.some  don't require anything.some send nomads every so many years and some every year. after a child goes thru school or hits a certain age,they become a laborer.when this count increases you should also buid more houses.i use a properttime mod that keeps the bannies aging 1 year for each game year. they also go to school til about 16 yrs old and then can marry and move out.at this age they do pair up nicely.so ,i use a 1 house for every 2 worker system to how many houses i need.remember the boardinghouse counts as a house.if i have 50 working adults ,i need 25 houses plus any boardinghouses or barracks.

there is so many mods and many are added to the <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>. don't expect to learn it all fast.read or check out some city blogs. these will give tips and other ideas.you may want to check out the tips pages at WOB,world of banished,as well.

Thanks! I dont have the nomad option. I have too much meat on the bottom of my map, the protein market stalls fill up with 9000 eggs in my farmvillage and dont take the meat from further down. The eggs dont get to my edible market in main city.. The edible market didnt take the meat from south so i got overloaded with meat stalled at the pasture barns. I got rid of some pastures.. The fish doesnt go down to my farming mini village, even with protein market stall.. There is 5000 fish stuck west of my village.. The forester lodges get filled up with iron -.-. So i tried get it out with warehouses. But iron keeps going there.. 

I am reducing the amount of types of products too.. The markets can't handle it. Distribution barns walk to each other or the market nearby grabs it but the other market still doesnt get the resource on other side of the land im building on. 

Normal barns get overloaded with glassware etc, even if i have industry/crafted/etc storages nearby. The furniture does make it to the other side of my landscape even if i dont want to..

Also, when i played a bit i downloaded a bunch of small mods, like a house type mod, a forester mod, etc, and then i couldnt start the game. It crashed and said there was no memory for the mods. Thats why i got the <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> mod. 

when you tried to add the mods before did you remember to exit after the game loaded the mod and then restart the game? failing to do that will crash it. did you unzip the file and only move the PKM file to the WinData folder?

markets take the closest supply so in the case of protein the beef or sheep from the pastures instead of the fish.the laborers do drop items all over the map.if you don't have markets,the help scatter the 4 food groups.specialized markets or carts will help store some of the excess godds to get them out of barns and near where you want them.

Quote:
On 20-9-2018 at 10:48 PM, stiles said:

when you tried to add the mods before did you remember to exit after the game loaded the mod and then restart the game? failing to do that will crash it. did you unzip the file and only move the PKM file to the WinData folder?

markets take the closest supply so in the case of protein the beef or sheep from the pastures instead of the fish.the laborers do drop items all over the map.if you don't have markets,the help scatter the 4 food groups.specialized markets or carts will help store some of the excess godds to get them out of barns and near where you want them.

The problem with specialized food markets, is that the workers only grab food from 1 market. So if its a protein market, they only get that food.. And not varied food.. They dont go to the veggie market, protein market and the fruit market to gather the food for their houses they only pick from 1 market. 

And yes i did that it just said too many mods. But they were steam mods. 

no,i ment specialized in what items they store for non-food markets. carts for minerals or logs,industrial market that stored logs,iron,and stone.EB's market sets. carts or markets set to store and move firewood. you are correct seldom are food specific markets helpful.on a very large map they can be helpful to stock grain for mills.i suppose one could use a fruit market to supply a tavern.

I had similar meat issues with CC1.76, (cant get MM8.01 to load yet)  I could not fix it, no matter what I tried to do. I had distribution barns, magazines, excellent storage spaces.  But still my edibles markets was 80% meats.  When I had regular markets, these too got overloaded with meat and industrial, despite having excellent storage spaces. CC1.76 doesn't have an Industrial Market, like MM8 does.  I suggest the following.

What worked to keep my markets from overloading too much on industrial, was keeping one type of fuel, I used Charcoal, as it is the BEST bang for the buck, uses five logs, but doesn't burn as fast, and it feeds the Fuel refinery perfectly, making the fuel stand work very efficiently. as well as the log vendor that feeds the Charcoal maker. (brickworks i think)  When making farms, put one pasture along with a couple farms, and an orchard in a localized area. make pastures large, they will produce plenty, no need to build twenty cattle pastures.  I use the Frieson cows, they provide the most milk, and slaughter is less.  Make one sheep or one llama farm, for wool , I played most of the game with just llama, as it produce alot of wool, and it eats up lots of market space due to weights. 

keep the Bannies desperate for meats, as in, under build the pastures.  Then you don't end up with overproducing.  The Tinnery, is an excellent way to use up plain beef etc... also use the butchers, the tinnery requires meat from the butchers.  Then the tinned meat is turned out and it is a 3 or 4 to one ratio in the Bannie diet. as in, 3-4 processed meat is equal to one unprocessed. So no need to keep extra unprocessed meats anywhere.  Put a butcher appropriate to the pasture, and one tinnery, use the General Market to supply Tin, use a Protein vendor to supply the meat. Use a Distribution barn BESIDE the Stock Pasture, The herdsman will take the meat to the nearest barn, by having that the Distribution Barn, it is the most efficient.  The DV (distribution vendor) will then take the products in their barns to the nearest available storage.  I placed many many many protein leanto's as they held the best ratio of storage for just proteins.  closer than the market, but further than the D.B.  With only one type of meat in an area, this cleared up that one markets issue with overloading a variety of meats.  It will still stock up on all the variety, but won't get as overstocked as before. 

What worked for the Industrial, was simply keeping the storage limits low. As well as using everything. I didn't produce tin unless I was using it actively. I didn't use the forge unless I absolutely needed it, same with construction materials.  Here is where I used the Resource Barns if I accidentally got overstocked with one or two things, like candles, or whatever.  I would store them in the resource barn, and that takes it out of stock, the markets can't have it. but you still have access when you need to send to update a mine or whatever.  The resource barn was excellent, when I got overstocked with wool for a while. It cleared alot of barn spaces for me. so I could get the flax and cotton and hemp to the weavers and ropery.  Again, trying to keep limits low, I realized I don't need both cloth and linen, one is all that is needed to build the best clothing, or to build the whaling ships hull components.  So I quit farming both using the plantation crops option, and chose cotton/cloth.  This reduced the strain on my Market again.  Same thing goes for tools, choose one type of tool to build, if you try building all types, then the markets will try stocking every type.

Another area that I had difficulty with was with the smokery. It needs barrels, salt and butcher meat.  So I built the cooper nearby. (ended up building three coopers) all build barrels, used a wood vendor to feed the coopers. Used a protein vendor and a mineral vendor with a crafted vendor to feed the Smokery. (The mineral vendor didn't work great as it tries to get all minerals, ended up with a ton of iron and copper ores, with no salt. But the main market always seemed to have salt.  So it was not much of an issue. One salt miner is plenty . Doesn't have to be nearby.  And used the smokery with a protein vendor supplying the nearby source. I am using beef as an example, could be any meat source.  That again, the market wants to stock everything, so by keeping the smokery hungry for butcher cuts and having just enough barrels to keep it going, also helped keep the markets stocked with smoked or salted meats. without letting them get overstocked on any sort of other meat sources.

My last and final tip.  Stop building all of one thing anywhere.  Put a distribution of working resource buildings, along with food buildings, houses, and such.  This will help the vendors at the markets stay close so they can sort their wares better as well. The MegaMod has a Industrial Market and a Edibles Market. Definitely post both in an area. Do not use a general market. as it will get lopsided. every time.

Hope this helps out.

A few things about the storage barns I forgot. 

I used only the specialized storage options.  I used only three maybe four General storage barns, early in the game, and deleted two of them. lol.  I found the leanto for food is awesome, and replaced the general storage barns with fields of specialized leanto's.  I found it was much easier to keep track of how much food storage I really needed.  And what types of storage I needed for the food as well. I found protein storage was always overloaded, and grain storage was almost nil.  I put fields of food storage at the trading posts, again the leanto's were my goto for this as well. But I was using CC1.76 with the MM8.01 I would have used RK's specialized storage warehouses instead of leanto's.  I would put one general food warehouse, two or three protein, one grain, one veg and one fruit by the traders.  Again, I would follow that same formula, when I played with RKEC (RedKetchupsEditorsChoice)mod.  Everywhere I had food building, or a trading post.   I would also try to leave extra spaces to add more narrow food storage.  I used the tool/clothing narrow storage warehouses all over the place.  Again, eliminating the general storage barns is awesome.  Idk why, probably on account of programming, but the Bannies prefer to fill up general storage barns and stockyards over the specialized options provided.  So by not making Generalized storage or stockyards, you can force them to use the specialized.