Getting Started With Colonial Charter

I have a play style similar to <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/">@estherhb</a>, as I turn off disasters, plus I keep the climate setting gentle (usually either mild, very mild or temperate), and use large open maps that usually provide plenty of space to work. 

Then it's usually just a matter of designing a layout that pleases me. I've gotten pretty good at pushing food and warmth levels to sustainable right away, so I can focus on trade and tweaking health and happiness. I love perfect 5 stars and hearts.

Last week, though, I tried out DSSV Stranded Harder.

wowzers

Adam and Eve has 2 people, 7 tools, 7 clothes, 100 fuel, 250 food, and a cart. Stranded Harder has 4 adults no food, no tools, no storage, and no clothes except the ones on their backs (they're not running round nekked!) It was a bit of a thrill, seeing if I could get them to survive and thrive. Even with easy climates, abundant resources and plenty of space, it took quite a while to ramp up to my normal level (which for me is usually around 750-1000 people with 3 to 5 times the amount of food needed for a year and at least 3 to 5 sets of tools and clothes for everyone, with very high happiness, health, etc.)

The only debug cheat I used was "set everyone as educated," because Claude, Marie, Zoya and Bob were highly skilled experts in their fields when they got stranded, and they've taught everyone how to be very efficient!

Starting is the best part, and now I'm looking forward to trying out the types I haven't used yet!

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_07/tempsnip.thumb.png.b54aad1838a18a2dd10cdef59d634404.png[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_07/tempsnip2.png.bd29d187794e97e332c69225b179e0a1.png[/img]

Messages In This Thread
Getting Started With Colonial Charter - by Reino - 01-25-2018, 09:08 PM
Getting Started With Colonial Charter - by BuildHappy - 07-12-2018, 09:33 PM
Getting Started With Colonial Charter - by stiles - 07-13-2018, 02:27 PM