Very large maps with lakes

Quote:
12 hours ago, KevinTheCynic said:

Another one from the random map generation although it's a bit of a surprise to see it is only one number different from one of the other randomly generated maps I posted above (that happens so rarely to me that I thought it was worth mentioning!) The map in question is Seed 18763202 mentioned a post or two above.

<p style="color:rgb(102,102,102);font-family:Tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:13px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;letter-spacing:normal;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;white-space:normal;word-spacing:0px;background-color:rgb(251,251,251);">

<p style="color:rgb(102,102,102);font-family:Tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:13px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;letter-spacing:normal;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;white-space:normal;word-spacing:0px;background-color:rgb(251,251,251);">
This is not what I would call a "great" map because it still suffers from the Banished "round lake" syndrome but it is still interesting, I think mostly due to the division of the map by the lakes and river.

Map Seed: 18763203

Map Type: [<abbr style="border-bottom:1px dotted;" title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>] Lake Waters

Terrain Size: [<abbr style="border-bottom:1px dotted;" title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>] Very Large

Bottom of the yellow box indicates starting position.

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/58eb8efa31952_MapSeed18763203.jpg.5549c74fd63c12e852878f8ce82fc3af.jpg" data-fileid="1979">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/58eb8efa31952_MapSeed18763203.jpg.5549c74fd63c12e852878f8ce82fc3af.jpg[/img]</a>

I like this one.  Worth playing around with.

I'm still a bit 'meh' over Lakes or Valleys, there's no Lakes with Valleys, which have a great many lakes, but also lovely mountain ranges etc for my mining communities ...  

And my search still continues.

Will definitely load this one though.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="9529" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/">@QueryEverything</a> I can definitely relate to that, if it wasn't for the mines from <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> and New Medieval Town mining for resources would almost be impossible for me in the early stages of the game on many of the maps I've posted.

Truth is, I don't "need" such large maps but I want them because I want the option to expand "far & wide" because for me, this keeps me playing the map for far longer than I would with a Medium or Large size map. But as I mentioned, without those mines from <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> or <abbr title="New Medieval Town">NMT</abbr>, life would be very difficult in the early game on many of these maps without the ability to make, at the very least, iron tools.

I have two so far (very large, lakes) that I like because of the rivers, streams and lakes. The top one because you can almost get like a 'coastal city' in the Northwest part of the map and almost every lake is connected to the main river so no canals needed for traders. Some inconvenient hill locations but I don't mind those.

[Image: ZHrMXYy.png]

And this second one has a pretty decent sized island in the river bend.

[Image: qKDmdTV.png]

Oh wow, <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/14829-kedryn/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="14829" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/14829-kedryn/">@Kedryn</a> I love the look of these maps!! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Quote:
On 4/29/2017 at 10:21 PM, QueryEverything said:

Oh wow, <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/14829-kedryn/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="14829" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/14829-kedryn/">@Kedryn</a> I love the look of these maps!! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Some really interesting terrain there although I like the first one the most because of those two streams leading to another lake.

Quote:
23 hours ago, KevinTheCynic said:

Some really interesting terrain there although I like the first one the most because of those two streams leading to another lake.

That's my favorite one so far too. I've only got a little forest community with two people and a child right now but I plan on growing up to the 'coast'.

Quote:
4 hours ago, Kedryn said:

That's my favorite one so far too. I've only got a little forest community with two people and a child right now but I plan on growing up to the 'coast'.

If you use the coastal buildings in Discrepancy's Jetty And Bridge mod and Necora's Maritimes set alongside the dock and quay themed sets from <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>, you can build up a decent sized community either on the shore or over the water itself. When I get Banished started (too many mods so it feels like it takes half an hour but is really about 8-minutes to start) I'll get some more screen shots of the settlement I've been building on map seed 959 (found on page 1 of this thread)

There's one image in the following thread from my town but it was taken to show the location of a trade post that was giving me some problems, so the picture doesn't show a lot of the town.

<iframe data-embedcontent="" frameborder="0" src="<___base_url___>/index.php?/topic/589-stream-big-get-it-like-dream-big-lol/&do=embed"></iframe>

And the inland sea you have always dreamed of. Come visit our lake that is not a circle! Book your tickets today!

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_05/lakes8.thumb.jpg.a3c470eb4e004b43ebacfec3550c6592.jpg[/img]

I really like that one <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/14829-kedryn/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="14829" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/14829-kedryn/">@Kedryn</a> [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />  Needless to say it very much reminds me of a  <b style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:sans-serif;font-size:14px;font-style:normal;letter-spacing:normal;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;white-space:normal;word-spacing:0px;background-color:rgb(255,255,255);">Rorschach test</b> [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />  

hahahaha[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Thanks for sharing, I'm going to load that one up!!

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/14829-kedryn/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="14829" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/14829-kedryn/">@Kedryn</a> that map is fantastic! It's very much the type of lake I have been searching for with my trawls through the random seed generator (particularly because it also has some islands). Even the river & stream placement is good [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Edit: I see I'm not the only one who finds the menu does not display the Terrain Size when using <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> Very Large maps.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="9529" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/">@QueryEverything</a> (reminds of a Rorschach test)... yes, yes it does [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/blink.png[/img]/emoticons/blink@2x.png 2x" title="O.o" width="20" />

I see... a butterfly...

Maybe that's just me

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/tongue.png[/img]/emoticons/tongue@2x.png 2x" title=":P" width="20" />

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />