Pop not growing

Hello,

I am playing the latest version oh <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>. A screenshot is attached of my village. I have everything I need, I think, but my population will not grow above 17/18 people. I have had it playing at 10x for a while but they die as fast as they are born, any advice?

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_09/5baa6d5baa221_2018-09-2518_13_58-Banished.thumb.png.40329d780b6cda2000518e290fb2475d.png[/img]

do i see 18 homes for 7 families ?

1: you probably waited too long to make the houses. at 40y female citizens cannot have babies anymore.

2: doing an home when not needed, you push your people to divorce.

Quote:
13 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

do i see 18 homes for 7 families ?

1: you probably waited too long to make the houses. at 40y female citizens cannot have babies anymore.

2: doing an home when not needed, you push your people to divorce.

What can I do to recover? I_ am getting a few births each year so there must be some fertile females.

You can try to remove houses that may just have females sub level 40 in them and they may move in with other males that are able to have babies. When I first started to play Banished I messed up doing that as well. Good rule of thumb is to constantly check the houses and see how many kids are of age to move out. I can't remember the minimum age but I try to wait until they are 15/16 then start making houses for "new couples". EXample: 16 male 17 female and 17 male just make 1 house not two until you can get another female that is old enough (obviously you can have them move in sooner I just wait a bit so I don't feel as creeped out lol).

depending on the mods you have you may have a couple options. if you only have <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> and no age mods,add a townhall,market,and trade post. that will help bring nomads.i would recommend building your tool,clothing,and food up as you build those. i use the propertime mod.i find it better balanced.the bannies age at the same rate as food is produced.vanilla i think is 6-8 years per game year. the propertime mod is 1:1.the bannies graduate school and become workers about the same time as they can have babies and move out as couples.with it i can judge my housing needs easier. i build a house per every 2 adult workers.

you also might like the mini mod.it is great for starting games.has a small workshop to make clothing or tools.its tiownhall doesn't need other buildings to bring nomads.it is very good at bringing small groups early but every 4 or 5 years apart.this gives you time to build houses and resources in between groups,