Please DO feed the animals.

I have a feeling this may have been thought of long ago in the early years of the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> site. Was wondering if the pasture ever got tinkered with to see if you can add an input? I became curious if its possible to feed the animals. For example, grow Alfalfa, to feed your cattle. As long as they have feed, they reproduce. If they don't have feed, they go stagnant.

By the way, we also need a squirrel park. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/rolleyes.gif[/img]/emoticons/rolleyes@2x.png 2x" title="9_9" width="20" />

Being that BL is not the Owners/Developers of Bansihed I am not quite sure if they can implement something like this.

But I am sure if they can, they will.  

The amount of stuff they have done added to this game via their mods has completely made the game more enjoyable vs. Vanilla [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

The animals produce items over time, and age over time. When theyre old enough they get killed for food.

Theres no option to configure them as having an input like a regular building. <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/">@Kralyerg</a> is more up to date with this kind of knowledge. What do you say kral?

There is the "Stable Mod" in KKKK - you can "breed" your own and need feed grain... Not exactly what you look for, but close - one of my favorite mods [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Quote:
4 hours ago, Paeng said:

There is the "Stable Mod" in KKKK - you can "breed" your own and need feed grain... Not exactly what you look for, but close - one of my favorite mods [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Ahh, thought it was just a stable for horses that acted as a pasture. I shall try this out, thanks.

I could never figure out a way to get it to work.  It won't take an input and still act as a pasture.  It might theoretically be possible to make it take an input and then output a specific resource, like a normal building, but then it won't accept your livestock, since it won't register as a pasture anymore.  (That's kind of what the Animal Pens do, on a smaller scale.) It won't accept an input *and* act like a pasture.

Quote:
On 11/30/2016 at 9:40 PM, Kralyerg said:

I could never figure out a way to get it to work.  It won't take an input and still act as a pasture.  It might theoretically be possible to make it take an input and then output a specific resource, like a normal building, but then it won't accept your livestock, since it won't register as a pasture anymore.  (That's kind of what the Animal Pens do, on a smaller scale.) It won't accept an input *and* act like a pasture.

Any chance of larger (and more efficient) animal pens then? I would assume they would have a proportionately higher cost in both resources and domesticated animals... maybe with a possible second worker slot for even more production. (i.e.- one stable-hand can care for the animals and produce goods, but two can really maximize the building's output)

For instance a Cattle Barn could require 40 wood and 12 domesticated animals. With one worker it would output good equal to 1.5 Milk Pens. With two workers it should output goods equal to 3 Milk Pens. So, you would get the same goods as 3 pens for slightly more construction materials, but use less workforce to produce the goods. Perhaps the building should have a 5 x 6 footprint (plus road strip), which is slightly larger than the space used by three pens (3x9, plus road strip).

Quote:
1 minute ago, Azure Lyrrix said:

Any chance of larger (and more efficient) animal pens then?

That's kind of exactly what's already in the works.  If you look at this:

https://snag.gy/Zi3x8o.jpg

It's a milk barn that does just what you're suggesting.

And Necora is in the process of building this:

http://blackliquidsoftware.com/uploads/monthly_2016_12/Screenshot137.thumb.jpg.0542d3bdfc364d7cf214c26385a4bf13.jpg

Quote:
9 minutes ago, Kralyerg said:

That's kind of exactly what's already in the works.  If you look at this:

https://snag.gy/Zi3x8o.jpg

It's a milk barn that does just what you're suggesting.

And Necora is in the process of building this:

<a data-fileid="524" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/Screenshot137.thumb.jpg.0542d3bdfc364d7cf214c26385a4bf13.jpg">http://blackliquidsoftware.com/uploads/monthly_2016_12/Screenshot137.thumb.jpg.0542d3bdfc364d7cf214c26385a4bf13.jpg</a>

Not to be greedy, but will we be getting similar buildings for sheep/chicken? 

I'm loving all the work you guys have put into <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> and the collective MegaMod... so, don't be offended if I ask for more! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

i would think to make the pasture take food for the animals it would take a modular mod. half would be a pasture so it took animals. and another half would be set like a trade post. you input your grain,etc and the "trade" output would be what?? more milk from cows,more pork from pigs,more eggs....?problem is if it wasn't enough than you would still play as a normal pasture anyhow. now you would need 2 workers to run it also. and it would take food from your town.  would this be used and practical to everyone??? the other way might be to reinvent the animals. call them "barnyard animals" and have it show pigs,chickens,and dairy cows. working as a trading post you input grain,etc and "trade" a variety of milk+eggs+pork+beef,etc. set the minimu size to say 15x15.do  designed farther you get a 30x30 pasture with minimum 3 workers and you get butter/cheese instead of milk and instead of pigs and bef you get meat cuts.

it's a similar idea to the garden veggy seeds over at WOB. created a new seed that when sorted gives multiple crops from 1 field. like cabbage,potato,and pumpkins all in 1 season. but again it takes an extra worker to make the idea work.