Resource depot stocker drops stuff other side map

Hey,

I made a resource depot to get tin ore to my tin foundry. Its right there next to it, so i wanted to take it out. The stocker went to the other side of the map and dump it there on a normal stockpile -.-... i have a normal stockpile (same as on the other side of map and its not full) and minerals stockpile RIGHT next to the foundry and resource depot. Whyyyy?

There is really no control over which stockpile items will be taken to; all modders can do is specify the type(s) of items, based on Flags (categories), that a stockpile may hold. Citizens tend to follow the same routes once they get used to them; this is part of "pathing" within the game (something modders can't touch).  When you add a new storage structure, it may take a while for your citizens to discover the new buildings and create new paths they will follow.

Okay thanks! I got rid of all general stockpiles and just made specialized ones.. Now i got to rebuild my areas so that the minerals dont have to go to 2 spots of the map [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/tongue.png[/img]/emoticons/tongue@2x.png 2x" title=":P" width="20" />

Since I've started using Slightly Ridiculous Storage, I pretty much only build general stockpiles since they seldom become full. To make sure  specific categories of items are available near production sites, I'll place a specialized Market Cart/Stall nearby and let the Vendor wander around and pick up inventory to keep his cart/stall full. Your method sounds like it will work well too and won't use staff [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

if you build covered stockpiles from one of my mods, it is also "slightly" ridiculous [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Yeah im struggling real hard in making my areas.. I just dont know what to put where and end up with houses too far and too much workplaces at the same spot.

If you don't mind, i have some more questions and i have been googling forever but i can't find anything helpfull.

I trade for iron, bricks, tin ore, wood. So i made an industry near my docks east on my only river (because i also have foundry's for tin). So i have my tinneries near it too, and the pastures are there too, but also i made cropfarms so the food is near for tinneries. Then because of the wood i get from the trader + iron + coal (minerals) get stockepiled there, i made my smithy's there. But also lumber waterwheel, and i have to get clay for bricks at the river too. So i have to put my klinns there, and pottery... and i thought why not include the joiners since everything is there, and homeware+ building supplier. But as you can imagine, now i have way too much workplaces on one spot and the houses are just too far. 

I also struggle with the perfume industry im making, which also should go there because its my main trading source. i have too much flowers (btw, is there a map or way to not have wild flowers unless having a florist?) Because the gatherers are west in my forester nodes, and my trading posts are east at my only river. I made a misc market but it also collects bonemeal etc. And there is no luxery market to collect perfume to my trading area. Now my perfume workers walk all the way across the map to get the flowers -.-. I wish i could have a florist to get flowers near my perfume/trade industry area instead of getting flowers from the forest gatherers. I already have too much flowers coming from the gatherers and they fill up my barns west. Is there a way to not get flowers in the forest/gather area? Like special foresters that dont spawn flowers or a map where flowers don't grow wild/ or less? I play lush and green atm. 

Any tips on these troubles i have? I tried to get the clay for bricks from east (river) to west (forester node - choppers all construction and homeware buildings) with markets but they are not fast enough or stuff other things and leave no room for clay. That's why im moving all of that (except woodchoppers) to my river/trade area.

Its just too packed with workplaces and the houses too far and the flowers are too far. The tinned foods also dont really get picked up by the markets because they are further out. I really suck at this lol [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/tongue.png[/img]/emoticons/tongue@2x.png 2x" title=":P" width="20" /> my brain explodes. 

Is there a recent website which shows the flags for items? I found some but they are old and i like to see all items for a category instead of searching an item and find the category.

Is there a cemetary with faster decay of the graves? I have so much cemetary but it just not enough.. 

Last, i made the inn and garden. I put max amount of workers in it (3). But they didnt take anything into it.. They were iddling and didnt bring a single luxery for years.... I have ale and perfume stored in luxery cellars/barns. How can i get the ale to be collected and consumed by the bannies? I also made the pilgrims rest and the Ale House, but they dont collect ale from storages.. 

I would really appreciate it if someone can fill me in on these things i struggle with. Sorry if my language is a bit off, im dutch :P.

To make life easier, I wanted to start modding myself with the modkit, and installed 7-zip to unpack it and i got infected with mallware. My laptop broke down and im on my brothers laptop now so im too scared to use this modkit again :P.. Otherwise i would have made myself a nice flower market, luxery market and a coal market (if possible with the flag). But yeah maybe some day :P..

* added a picture of my map layout before attempting to moving the perfumery to the trading posts and the blacksmith/crafted/construction to the forge area for the stockpiles minerals and the wood/iron/bricks i get from trading posts.

The shore houses for clay will go to the perfumery area.

As you can see, the houses will be too far from the industry/construction workplaces. And the flowers too far from the tradingpost where i also wanted to put my waterwells and perfumeries.. I have 1000 population :P..

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_10/IMG_20181009_1526402.thumb.jpg.6a3bb5c73143fc880ac45916193ca96c.jpg[/img]

The primary source of resources for industries and your citizens are Markets and it appears that you aren't building enough of them. The Vendors in the Markets go out and get items that are stored in Barns/Stockpile and bring them back to their Markets so there is a variety of goods available there. Often just one Vendor per Market is enough to accomplish that; but as your town grows, you may need more Vendors per Market to make sure they are stocked.  Markets should be placed so their work circles cover all of your houses and businesses. 

Once you have Markets well placed, a lot of the issues you are having go away.

I have 50 vendors [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/tongue.png[/img]/emoticons/tongue@2x.png 2x" title=":P" width="20" /> i have 2 large edible markets, 10 general goods markets from market puzzle. I have log markets, iron market, crafted, construction, materials, i have a lot of markets [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/laugh.png[/img]/emoticons/laugh@2x.png 2x" title="xD" width="20" /> but its too far.. The clay doesnt get picked up because the hardwood is more closeby and it will fill up the raw materials cart. That stuff