Game crashing

I have been playing my favorite game(Banished) on my old computer with no problems at all, I have the 3 parts of  mega mod 8.01 enabled but when I get about 500 people the old pc starts to lag so I purchased a new pc with an amd a12-9800 cpu and a radeon rx 560 grahics card.

Shock horror I try to enable the mods but I enable the first but when I try to enable the other 2 they go red and say there is conflict so just enable the first, I pick the map seed and the other bits and the game starts and that's it, the screen goes blank, I bring up the task manager but the screen stays blank except for a little message appears saying there's a fatal error and before I can read what fatal error the screen goes black again and I have to reset the pc.

Can anyone help please?

To play MegaMod 8.01, you must enable all three files - each one is just 1/3 of the code needed and aren't designed to be used separately. I know it's confusing, but when mods turn red it doesn't mean they conflict; it just means they contain code that affects the same thing. 

Quote:
3 hours ago, estherhb said:

To play MegaMod 8.01, you must enable all three files - each one is just 1/3 of the code needed and aren't designed to be used separately.

really ? i didnt know this. i thought they were still functional by their own

Thanks very much I will try that and report back.

I'm back, re the game crashing, i can  play the game now but if I try to quit to get a different map seed it will crash.

Thanks again for your help.

When you make any changes to your list of mods, it's best to exit the game completely before trying to start a new game to help prevent crashes. (My understanding is that this allows your computer's registry to be updated.)  If you didn't do that, maybe that's why your game is crashing.  You could try exiting completely now and see if the problem cures itself. Maybe even turn off your computer and turn it back on.

I'm assuming that you aren't using any other mods than <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> 8.01's 3 files? If you are, what are they?

This has happened to me and usually after I try some random "fixes" it resolves itself. Not sure I did anything that fixed it - might be I just confused it enough that it decided to leave me alone.

Let me know if that doesn't work and I'll check into another fix.

Quote:

mods turning red is normal.this does not mean they cant work together.some mods do take a while for the game to load.as stated by others,the registry needs to update.next time you load might go faster. enable mods and game reloads itself. then exit and reastart the game completelyfailing to do that will cause a crash.as ESTHERHB stated that is the most comon cause.

Hi estherhb and stiles

Sorry I'm a bit late getting back to you but the game played ok when I loaded the mods but I had no sound so I downloaded the old directX( 2010 ) and installed that, it seemed to load a lot of stuff but like magic everything works great.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards

grizz