Subcategory organisation

Hi guys. I absolutely adore the megamod and anything <abbr title="Colonial Charter">cc</abbr> in general! My wife and I play it together almost every night.

At present the organisation of the toolbar is somewhat lacking, as I understand that getting the disparate mods to work together is probably a monumental task. So my suggestion is this (for when you get a chance to catch up on the less shiny stuff):

ROADS > dirt, sand and gravel // grass, woodchip and leaves // stone // wood and hardwood // ceramic tiles and brick // bridges (including deco bridges) // road specific decorations // others I've forgotten

FOOD > primary sources > hunters, shooters and poachers // terrestrial gatherers // fishers and aquatic gatherers // pastures, pens and animal enclosures // crops, plantations and orchards // etc...

I'm sure you get what I'm talking about, ie: grouping by function, and ordering by size (eg: tiny woodcutter / small woodcutter / large woodcutter / sawmill / huge sawmill).

Just an idea for the future as the megamod continues to grow... Thanks again for the excellent content!

Interesting idea, thanks for the suggestion and for enjoying <abbr title="Colonial Charter">cc</abbr> & <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Yes, the toolbar is one of the trickiest parts. It's always getting tweaked. 

Quote:
On 12/2/2016 at 1:52 AM, MackGideon said:

Hi guys. I absolutely adore the megamod and anything <abbr title="Colonial Charter">cc</abbr> in general! My wife and I play it together almost every night.

I couldn't agree with this statement more!  <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> is awesome and ME and the Mrs. play it constantly.

But we need charts, graphs, lists, and all that rot.

Thanks!

-Johntodd

Quote:
On 12/2/2016 at 2:28 PM, Kralyerg said:

Yes, the toolbar is one of the trickiest parts. It's always getting tweaked. 

I think you've really done a great job combining all those mods into one cohesive toolbar!

Though I agree the roads could do with a little rearranging. *grin*

I agree.

I am a "Can get lost inside a paper bag and reads road maps upside down type.  Plus I have OCD.

I tend to find myself having to click on every single thing on the toolbar/sub toolbar/ sub of the sub toolbar, etc. until I find what I am looking for, sometimes just not once either  lol

Quote:
On 12/8/2016 at 9:31 AM, rejectedegg said:

I agree.

I am a "Can get lost inside a paper bag and reads road maps upside down type.  Plus I have OCD.

I tend to find myself having to click on every single thing on the toolbar/sub toolbar/ sub of the sub toolbar, etc. until I find what I am looking for, sometimes just not once either  lol

You sound like me! Are you sure we are not twins? LOL!