Coffee not Consumed in Coffee House

A few game-time years ago I traded for a supply of coffee (not coffee beans, but the prepared beverage) from a merchant for my coffee house.  It was promptly moved to the coffee house, but none of it has been consumed.  More recently I traded for some pipe tobacco and it seems to have the same problem (though I haven't given it a few years' trial).  The mead that is stored in the same coffee house is regularly consumed, but the coffee and pipe tobacco just sit there.  Do I have to manufacture a luxury in my town for it to be consumable?  Is there some way to trigger consumption?

It should be consumed. What mods do you have? What order? What are the version numbers?

I hoped I'd never have to list these, because I use a lot of mods!  But here they are, in their current order:

Improved herbalist, v4 - Yandersen

Unlimited mines and quarries, v1 - Banished Info

Improved woodcutter, v1 - Yandersen

Improved hunting cabin, v2 - Yandersen

Improved farming, v1 - Yandersen

Improved gatherer's hut, v3 - Yandersen

Improved forester's lodge, v3 - Kid + Yandersen

Advanced blacksmith, v1 - Zen Industries

Mountain-less Mines 2, v2 - PSIcho Ninja

<abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>: 1.71 Journey, v171 - BlackLiquid Team

DS terrains and climates, v1 - Discrepancy

Medieval town version 2.04.1.0.6 - RedKetchup

Grass guardian, v1 - Wallets

Kid-The mission 1.5, v1 - Kid

RK goats as livestock, v1 - RedKetchup

Pick me up, v1 - Owlchemist

DS fences and decorations, v1 - Discrepancy

Decorative items pack, v1 - RedKetchup

Decorative plants everything seasonal, v1 - Voeille

Pick & hen tavern, v1 - Discrepancy

Apiary (re-balanced), v1 - Shining Rock Software, LLC, RedKetchup

Cheap tunnels, v2 - Xez

DS bridge crossing, v2 - Discrepancy

DS small village-homes, v1 - Discrepancy

Dairy milk and creamery, v2 - RedKetchup

Red cottage, v3 - Tom Sawyer

Small town home, v1 - Discrepancy

Specialized stockpiles, v2 - Delver

Colorful little houses for 1.0.7, v2 - RedKetchup

Fish farm, v0 - Dio Jodianto

One year is one year-alternative version, v1 - Voeille

DS roasted nuts, v1 - Discrepancy

Rocks respawn, v2 - Owlchemist

Steph's grain silos, v2 - RedKetchup

Busy labourers, v2 - Darkbibou

Little chapel v2.0 - RedKetchup

Tombstone removal, v1 - ShockPuppet

I put these into the order I thought best, but I wouldn't be surprised if I've got them wrong.  Sometimes I'll put the DS Terrains & Climates above <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> if I want to use them, but with my current game I'm using <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> terrains & climates.

The #1 issue here is that you are using an old version of Colonial Charter - one that was not updated for use with Banished 1.0.7 which added a number of new flags (think "categories").  The current version of <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> is 1.76 (not 1.71).

The #2 (and #3, #4, etc.) issue is that you are using a lot of older mods. Anything that was made prior to 9/2017 when Banished 1.0.7 was released may no longer work IF they can't use the new flags.  For example, mods that just add homes are usually OK because the flags used by homes didn't change.  

If I'm not playing with MegaMod 8.01, I use <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.76 with about 40 other mods. I usually download those from here and from WorldofBanished.com - using the mods listed as mods specific to 1.0.7.  I have seldom found an actual conflict by doing this. (BTW I also use Discrepancy's Pick & Hen Tavern v 1.1 and haven't had an issue with it.)

Hope that helps.

Well, something bizarre happened.  The coffee house works now, but I don't know why.

A few days ago I wiped out all my mods, installed their latest versions, got <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.76 and put it above everything else except the mountain-less mines, unlimited mines/quarries, and improved herbalist/woodcutter etc., then started a new game.  I had the same problem with my coffee house.  Then I looked at my mods list so I could write it down and report it here and noticed I had two incompatible mods (decorative plants everything seasonal except trees AND decorative plants everything seasonal) turned on, so I turned one off and re-loaded my game (NOTE: I don't think these two incompatible mods were the problem, because before wiping my mod list clean I had only one turned on and the coffee house still malfunctioned).

After re-loading the game the coffee house still appeared not to function right (alcohol being consumed, but not coffee or tobacco).  Finally I tried putting in a different tavern (small tavern) to see if any of the luxury consuming buildings worked.  The small tavern took alcohol and tobacco from the coffee house, and suddenly BOTH the small tavern and the coffee house are working (though the tavern steals all the coffee house's non-coffee inventory!).  All luxuries are now being consumed.  Weird.

i am wondering if maybe they were consuming another luxury instead.

as for the idea that older versions don't work. that is a general rule. the thing to remember is if you have newer mods those items with new flags will not work in older modded production chains and vise versa. here again,if you do use the newer version mods make sure you upgraded the banished to 1.07.