Menus Disappeared In the Corner After Crash

Okay, so I had a bunch of paused builds open while dealing with a fire in the town centre and then I made a big dumb panic mistake because I'm easily panicked and ended up reloading the last autosave which was, thankfully, before the whole mess. Anyway, my game crashed while I was reloading and when I reopened the save, all the build menu things are mostly out of the screen off the upper left corner. The town information and such was too but I got those back by closing and reopening them but I can't get the builds. I can't drag them by grabbing just random bits of it, going fullscreen didn't help, neither did going back from it to my windowed fullscreen I normally use or re-reloading, and clicking the builds doesn't help at all because it just highlights it off screen.

Is there any way to force it close them or relocate them or something? Its not a very good town but I'd rather not have to delete it just because I was dumb.

(I've attached a picture of it for clarification because I don't think I've explained very well)

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_10/5bd4fd8713364_Screenshotfrom2018-10-2719-41-29.thumb.png.5223d6ce79b303811927381dbe9e7941.png[/img]

I would try taking the planned buildings off pause, deleting them and then placing them again to see if the windows now show up.

However, you are playing with an older version of Colonial Charter - one that is not designed to work with the current version of Banished - 1.0.7.  I can tell because your General Statistics window does not show all of the 19 Flags being used. You really need to start using Colonial Charter 1.76, available from this website or you will find that some things don't work correctly and it could cause crashes.  

You can also avoid many panic attacks by turning disasters off when you start the new game.  

Trying to switch the game to fullscreen might help, although as it seems you are using a WINE-wrapped version of Banished, it might not have the intended effects. Windowed mode has always had some slight issues even in Win7/Win8/Win10 for some people, so I am not surprised something would go wonky when played on Mac/Linux.

are you at max game resolution ?

Quote:
10 hours ago, estherhb said:

I would try taking the planned buildings off pause, deleting them and then placing them again to see if the windows now show up.

However, you are playing with an older version of Colonial Charter - one that is not designed to work with the current version of Banished - 1.0.7.  I can tell because your General Statistics window does not show all of the 19 Flags being used. You really need to start using Colonial Charter 1.76, available from this website or you will find that some things don't work correctly and it could cause crashes.  

You can also avoid many panic attacks by turning disasters off when you start the new game.  

I didn't even think of that! I'll give it a try.

Yeah, this game is old and its a terrible, ugly, small town but I'm weirdly attached to it and it was originally made in 1.0.7 and I've always been a bit worried to open it with newer versions in case it breaks it. Do you have any experience with taking a game from 1.07 to 1.76?

I thought I had since I pretty much always do but then I had fires and such happening?

Because the flags change with 1.76, I would be concerned that it would crash if you try to open a save made with and earlier version.  As long as you are OK with how your current town is working, I wouldn't try it. Wait for the next town.