No babies

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wacko.png[/img]/emoticons/wacko@2x.png 2x" title=":S" width="20" />Greetings, I don't know if anyone else has had this happen but I'm using mega mod 8.01 and picked easy start and as the population became laborers I built a stone house and deleted the wooden one.

Shock horror, the people moved into the stone house so I built another and deleted the wooden one But only one child was born in the whole village.

I tried building a church and a hospital but no sex.

What went wrong? I have now started a new game on medium start and things seem to be going well. 

how long did you run the game? did you kill some in the process of messing with those houses? what sometimes happens when you build too quick is half the family moves to the new house.they can still have babies even when not living together. on vanilla game aging ,you should have at least 2 children per couple each year. that until the couple ages past the child bearing age. i use the proper time mod and my bannies age 1 year per game year. i find it to be a better balance. churches and hospitals have nothing to do with having babies it is all about having a male and female of child bearing ages.

if you didn't build houses early enough,what happens is the young age past the child bearing age.  in vanilla game the bannies can become laborers and move out from parents at a much younger age. a school will delay this since they will have to finish school before becoming laborers.i build a house for every 2 adult workers. but as i said my bannies age at a different rate.usually this works out to the females being at least 16 yrs old.if you have a lot of young single adults then delay building houses.they will pair up once they are old enough.

not sure what all is in the <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>,but did you build a small house that only allows 1 child?  there are a few mods out there that are designed that way to slow the population growth.

To increase the number of babies born, each male/female couple needs their own house. They will stop having kids when any of their kids become adults and don't leave home or when they grow too old.  Stiles also points out an important point - some houses only allow 3 people such as the Colonial Charter shack - couples in them will only have 1 child. I usually build houses that allow a family of 5 when I'm starting out. By the way, if you build too many houses, couples will split up and not have kids.  People don't usually have kids if they are living in a Boarding House and having babies has nothing to do with Hospitals and Churches.  To slow the number of babies being born, you can limit the number of house built to a few per year.

Thanks for your  help.

I had built a hunter, a gatherer and  a fishing dock and had  2 births in the wooden houses, I think I would have been playing for about 45 mins(I'm not sure about that) and I deleted the wooden house as soon as winter was over to give some good weather while they built the stone house.

I play the game in 1 or 2 speed, I'm too old and slow to play at the 5 or 10 speed, I  have started a new game on medium start and things are going well.

Thanks again for your help and  I think this game is the best I have played ever, you people deserve a medal.

Kind regards.

grizz

game speed can be affected by computer power and how many mods you have installed.i play at 10X but my game runs much slower,more like a 2x.but i also do a lot of pausing and planning in spring. when i asked how long, i was referring to game time in years.LOL glad you are getting the game figured out. we need new players with new ideas. ave you checked out WOB? world of banished

Hi stiles, Yes I joined World of Banished ( I should have posed this question to the members)sorry I never noticed how many years went by but there must have been 3 winters at least because I built the food gathering trio then there was a winter, then I deleted the wooden house and built the stone one before the next winter then after that winter I deleted the next wooden and built the stone.

I can't remember if there were children in the houses that I deleted and if there was did they move into the stone house([img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wacko.png[/img]/emoticons/wacko@2x.png 2x" title=":S" width="20" />I think I'm having an old persons moment here stiles)

The people that I made homeless by deleting the wooden buildings moved into the stone buildings immediately.

I think I might load that game again and see if I can replicate what I done and take more notice of what happened.

Many thanks again stiles.

Kind regards.

grizz

To increase your population, you need to provide "adult-kids" with new homes, as they won't have children while living in their parents houses. Where you're going "wrong" is that you kick out an entire family (parents + kids) by destroying a house before building another one. The kicked out family will then move in as a group to use that new house. If you have adult-kids elsewhere in town who need a home to start their own family, they still don't have any place to go.

By destroying houses before building new ones, your number of available homes remains the same, so you will not see new couples move out from their parents' home to start families, meaning those young adults will not have children. If you do not add housing, the only time new couples will form will be when a house is freed by the death of the people who live there. By that time, the kids who because adults will be too old to have children.

Basically, at the start you need to keep an eye on the age of the kids inside the parents' houses, and when you see both a male and a female become "adult" (aka get a job), you should provide a new house for them to move in.

Once you can build a Town Hall, you have some helpful statistics: the number of houses and the number of "families". That second number is the number of potential families, counting all the couples that could form if there were enough houses, based on the ages of people around your town. It's usually a good thing to have the number of houses/families to stand at 2/3 or 3/4. Always a few more families than houses, so you don't accidentally split couples.

Thanks very much, there is a lot to this game but I am learning and a couple of my family are hooked as well.

Kind regards grizz

sorry to jump on your question. I forget what its called. anyway. I sometimes see in my houses Single Parents'?? is that a thing on Banished?  I know it is a single parent and not two people started tog in the house. and one died. I monitored this house from building to inhabited until a male had a 0child born in the house.  is this just a fluke, or a quirk of Banished?

If you have more houses than you have adult male/female couples, one parent may move into the empty house.  It would be unusual for there to be a child that gets added, but stranger things sometimes happen.