MM8 and not loading.

Hi, I just figured out how to load the MM8 in my windata file, under steams banished version 1.07.  So far I have only used mods I could load via the workshop and subscribe .  Anyway, I did as you said, loading them in order, removing everything that might disrupt it.  and it still just freezes and stops responding. I have restarted several times.  closed everything and restarting the computer.  I re-opened Banished, and shut off all mods, then only checked the mods that didn't turn red, the single fishing dock, the fly fishing, the solo hunter, and the terrain mod, didn't turn red. so I left them alone.  I don't know what else I can try to do?  Oh and it takes Forever and a day to load Banished even before trying to put the mods in?  Should I just forget about ever trying this fab mod? 

Make sure you are using the most recent version of MegaMod - v. 8.01.  Try loading those 3 mods without any other mods.  When you check them, they will turn red. Red doesn't mean mods are incompatible; it just means they affect the same code. After you make the changes to your mod list, exit the game completely; this will help prevent crashes. Then go back in and start a new game. 

MegaMod is a compilation of over 200 mods; some needed to be modified to ensure they would all work well together. When you downloaded <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> 8.01, you also received a .pdf that lists all of the mods. When you add additional mods, they may or may not be compatible with <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>. Once <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> is working, you can add other mods and see if any of those are the reason you get crashes.

Some people find that they can speed up loading by switching from DX9 to DX11 or the other way. From the main game menu go to Options > Video > Renderer and choose the other DX option.  I find that DX11 speeds it up; others find it causes crashes.  You also can speed up loading by unsubscribing/deleting any mods you aren't using and deleting extra Save files.

Let us know if this solves the problem.

and still, black screen doesnt mean that it is not working. 4GB of mods like MM8 can take many, many minutes at loading black screen !

On my laptop MegaMod used to take over 9 minutes to load before I added more RAM. Blackscreen and nothing apparently happening doesn't mean it has crashed, just that it's taking time to load. When it crashes it usually i s"nice" enough to kick you back to desktop with an error message.

Loading MegaMod is usually the perfect time to go grab drinks and food and go to the bathroom to be perfectly ready for a good long Banishing session. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

I came onto BlackLiquid specifically for MM8 today. I was and am determined to play with this mod. Step by step this is what I did.

1.. Found MM8.01 right away, clicked and downloaded. it went into my downloaded files, I found right away. no problems.

2.  I spent six hours trying to find this windata file.  This is where it is exactly on my computer.....   C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Banished\WinData

First I extracted it. Then told extraction to extract to this file. the whole thing, no modifying, nothing.

3. Went into Banished. Disabled All mods, (figured it would be easier to load that way) 

4. Found the MM8.01 files 1,2 and 3.  Set them up in order, added the fishing boost, the fishing dock, the terrain, fly fishing and hunting. 

Clicked okay, everything seemed fine. I was prepared for a long wait. no big deal, Everything seemed fine took about ten mins.  So then I went to close Banished, and .....

5. Evil  nasty tone my computer gives me when Banish Crashes.  

6. Ctrl Alt Delete----->Start task Manager.

7. Banished not responding.  Try to close, would not close.

8. Force restart.

9.  Fresh start , Repeat steps 3 and four.  Disabled every mod except MM8.01 (following other threads with same problem)

10. Clicked okay. then close Banished.

11. Evil nasty tone dead Banished, repeat steaps 6,7, and 8.

12. Repeat same procedure two more times.

13. Decide to unsubscribe from all Mods.

14.  No problem, unsubscribed from all mods.  click okay. Banished saved and closed. Restarted Computer (just in case eh.)

15. Steps 3 and 4 again, Also added the precaution of closing steam, exiting internet, and closing any hidden programs running. (there were none) Shut down my virus protection. Panda this week,(Computer going to see Rick, could be something different when it comes back.  Getting a new vid card.) Same result, repeating steps 6-8

16.  Considered smashing computer.

17.  Tried only loading MM8.01 part 1. No go . crash bang boom, restarting Computer.

I gave up at this point, and decided to start a Vanilla game, to complete the achievements I missed as a newby. Had a wonderful adventure trying to play vanilla, no schools achievement. it is HARD. Anyway. that was my day.

So willing to give a step to the Banished adventure. lol.  Oh and these are my computer specs.Operating System

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

CPU

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40GHz    70 °C

Kentsfield 65nm Technology

RAM

3.00GB DDR2

Motherboard

ASUSTek Computer INC. Basswood3G (Socket 775)    49 °C

Graphics

Panasonic-TV (1280x768@60Hz)

1024MB NVIDIA GeForce 210 (ZOTAC International)    75 °C

Storage

298GB Hitachi HDT725032VLA380 (SATA)    47 °C

Optical Drives

HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GSA-H30L

Audio

NVIDIA High Definition Audio

I loved playing the CC1.76 mod. it is fantabulous. And I have also played the DS mods, and RKEC mods, none of these had issues. all used the fishing mods, fly fishing, and hunting, modbug, single fishing dock. nordic log cabin. and radius recolour. and ironmen. i might be missing something, but can't think of what atm.  Any ideas would be awesome. thanks in advance. Sorry for the long posting.

It's great that your computer can handle <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.76, RKEC and other mods, however all of those are much smaller than <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>. Since it appears that you have tried running MM8.01 with no other mods and that doesn't work, I would recommend you use the larger mod of your choice and add the mods you especially prefer to use which can still result in an excellent modded game.

A couple of things:

1- Step 18:Starting <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> 8.01 Part 1 wihout part 2 and 3 WILL most likely crash. You need all 3 parts. Part 1 on its own is not a complete mod. A real test would be all 3 parts of <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> and nothing else at all.

2- when you say you enabled <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> and other mods and it seemed to work, but you crashed on quitting the game: Had you loaded and enabled the mods then started a town instantly, and did you crash when you tried to exit that town?

If that's the case, it's a "normal" issue that can happen whenever you make any change to your modlist and then playa town without first taking the extra step of entirely quitting Banished and restarting it before starting a town.

One way to get around that is to launch banished wiht mods disabled (Keep CTRL pressed to get the options first and pick "start with no mod" or however that option is called), then go in the mod menu, enable the mods you want, confirm the changes when exiting, then quit Banished and restart it. You might get to enjoy the "long loading screen" then. After that, try starting a town and you should no longer crash when exiting it.

Otherwise one thing you could try is start with CTRL pressed to bring up the options window. In the video options swtich from DirectX11 to DirectX9, then start with mods diabled and do the above steps to enable the mods and force the game to load them cleanly with a restart. DirectX9 usually means longer loading screens, but is more stable for quite a few people.

Quote:
5 hours ago, Vrayna said:

A couple of things:

1- Step 18:Starting <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> 8.01 Part 1 wihout part 2 and 3 WILL most likely crash. You need all 3 parts. Part 1 on its own is not a complete mod. A real test would be all 3 parts of <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> and nothing else at all.

2- when you say you enabled <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> and other mods and it seemed to work, but you crashed on quitting the game: Had you loaded and enabled the mods then started a town instantly, and did you crash when you tried to exit that town?

I did not try to start a game, I exited and that was the first crash.  Then I did like you said, unloaded all mods, and started banished in vanilla form, which i had to do each time cuzz of the crashing.  I then actually removed all mods save the few that did not turn red or conflict in any way with MM8.  but did not install them, they were just in the queue, not loaded to go.  Set up MM8 in 1,2,3 order, and waited, and waited, played with my mini dachshund Elijah. (he was happy and being all silly to get attention)  And then the evil nasty crash beeps . again. I had not even gotten to the part where I could choose to exit or start a game.  If I had got to that spot again. I was just going to start a new map. save it. and exit.  Then even if the Banished is crashed. I have one saved file that usually will load.  ( I had to do that with RKEC mod )  and after that initial spot, I could save as normal. but would end up in a crashed state when trying to exit the game, or close Banished. And the game would play with the mods. no issues in gameplay or in freezing, until I got to 800 pop.  thats when my comuter just gives up trying to keep up to Banished in general lol.  Which is why it is going to visit my Computer guy in ten days for some big updates. including new video card and hopefully more RAM.  when those are finished, I will give MM8 another go.  I will ask Rick to go over the install. he should figure this out for me.

Reply to Worker. 

at step 18 it was a last ditch attempt, I figured if I get one loaded, then i can add two, and then three.  it did not work.  At which time I just gave up too tired to keep trying. 

I haven't yet tried to load MM8 or any other mods right now , I figured I would give mods a rest, and started a new map, to achieve the uneducated, nomads, tombstones, and 900 pop, then my list of Achievements will be completed.  And I will go back to mods, after Rick has gone over the computer.

did you find our notes on loading issues? we have offered many ideas control alt delete keys, check the status of  cpu usage during game play.if you are maxing this out with <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> and after closing every other program you are not using,then i would recommend going to the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> J and loading individual mods. also i would turn off the auto save. the 1st time loading after changing mod order or adding a mod can be slowr.the next load may actually be faster.it takes time for the comp to re-write the registry on the initial load.good luuck.