MOd Manager

Does anyone use the mod manager? How does it work? Where does it go? Can I use it with CC1.76 or just by individual mods.  Can I use the mod manager, and the mod manager in the banished game provided?

Also, do I need the .sub files in the Banished WinData file?  What does it do if they are removed?

the .sub files are your subscription to steam, when you subscribe to a mod, steam will give you the mod and a .sub which contain details about the file. if the details in the .sub doesnt match your mod, steam will start to repair the mod.

I haven't tried the mod manager. It's discussed over at World of Banished. You might get an answer faster if you ask your questions there (Mod Manager thread)  

Mods don't usually generate a .sub file. I would check with the modder to see why their mod is generating one.

Quote:
32 minutes ago, estherhb said:

Mods don't usually generate a .sub file. I would check with the modder to see why their mod is generating one.

thats Steam generates them. it has to do with their mod subscriptions.

they are not "essential" and can be deleted. if deleted, the steam subscription for the mod wont work anymore till they are unsubscribed and resubscribed. at the start of the game, the steam exec check for all its .sub subscriptions and compare hashtags to see if corrupted and will redownload if needed.

but the .sub is not required for a mod function correctly, it has nothing to do.

it is a very handy tool that saves us lots of time.moving mods in mod order is super easy and fast,no need to reload the game twice anymore.plus we can save the mod order profile and revert back to it with just a click. for us players that play with lots of mods, it is a must have.

for those who might catch this page but have no idea: the mod manager is a tool so we can change the mod order and add mods without even opening the game.plus you can move them up and down and also save multiple mod orders. as i said super easy and very fast.