Wanna Trade, Better Upgrade

I figure this as a suggestion is a bust. I figure it would break the functionality of the trading post or there is no way to assign certain merchants to specific structure upgrade or which ever of the 10 other reasons why this cant work. However, it is an idea all the same, so I shall share. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" /> I was looking at the thread "Trading Post Issue", and saw the photo of all the horses in the pen and thought, They badly need to upgrade their trading post to get a larger animal pen. Then I starting thinking it would be nice to have an upgradeable trading post. There is something like, 6 different merchants or so, and was thinking each upgrade would bring an additional merchant. Plop the trading post, you get a seed trader only. Upgrade the post and get both a seed and an animal trader with the upgrade adding the animal pen, and so on and so forth. Last upgrade could bring the food trader to maintain them higher populations. Oh well, it was just an idea. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

problem with an upgrade is th footprint has to be the size of the larger upgrade. the other thing with the animals being in the ttrade post,they normally die. i usually build a small pasture area near my traders to temporarily hold the animals while i build a pasture area. then you can move the animals but the small pasture is ready for the next trader to bring other animals.

Quote:
47 minutes ago, stiles said:

problem with an upgrade is th footprint has to be the size of the larger upgrade. the other thing with the animals being in the ttrade post,they normally die. i usually build a small pasture area near my traders to temporarily hold the animals while i build a pasture area. then you can move the animals but the small pasture is ready for the next trader to bring other animals.

Indeed upgrades need to be exactly the same size as the original, no way around this. You need to place animals in pastures quickly, and they don't produce anything while they are in a TP.

Aside from the size issue mentioned already, it's actually very doable to upgrade the trading post to allow for different merchants.  At least, I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't work.