Megamod infinite loading screen

Hi so i recently purchased banished and immediately installed the megamod but when i try to make a new game i get a loading screen that seems to never end ive waited up to 10 minutes at this point and the game is running on my SSD so there's really no reason for it to do this i would think at least also i have no other mods besides megamod and im running 1.07 beta ive tried to run 1.06 as well but it did the same thing ive also tried setting all my settings to the lowest via the options menu as well as switching from dx11 to dx9 but again it didn't work so at this point im at a loss

MegaMod is many times larger than the vanilla game itself, and takes ages to load. 10 minutes isn't super surprising as a loading time for it. It loads slower under DirectX9 but is more stable. DX11 is a tad faster, but causes crashes for some people.

From what someone else recently posted, it's mostly the RAM size that helps with the loading times for such a big mod. I indeed noticed a small change on my laptop when I went from 4 to 8GB of RAM. Loading times that were 15+ minutes are now merely 10+... Ouch.

Basically, if it hasn't given you an error message, it's still doing its stuff. The only way to speed the loading up is to clean up memory used before launching, so closing everything else before. Then go and make yourself a cup of tea and grab food to be ready for a long playing spree while Banished does its slow loading thing.

You could try to play with "just" <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> first to see what kind of loading times you have for that already big mod. If <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> loads slowly but works, <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> should work too, but with a much longer loading time. It would give you a rough idea of what to expect when it comes to loading speed.

Side note: After enabling <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> or MegaMod (or any other mod, or even just changing your mods' load order) in-game, you'll need to entirely exit Banished and relaunch before starting a new town. If you don't do that extra step, you're likely to crash whenever you quit your town. It's better to suffer an extra time through the loading screen than to have crashes later on.

Quote:
9 hours ago, Vrayna said:

MegaMod is many times larger than the vanilla game itself, and takes ages to load. 10 minutes isn't super surprising as a loading time for it. It loads slower under DirectX9 but is more stable. DX11 is a tad faster, but causes crashes for some people.

From what someone else recently posted, it's mostly the RAM size that helps with the loading times for such a big mod. I indeed noticed a small change on my laptop when I went from 4 to 8GB of RAM. Loading times that were 15+ minutes are now merely 10+... Ouch.

Basically, if it hasn't given you an error message, it's still doing its stuff. The only way to speed the loading up is to clean up memory used before launching, so closing everything else before. Then go and make yourself a cup of tea and grab food to be ready for a long playing spree while Banished does its slow loading thing.

You could try to play with "just" <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> first to see what kind of loading times you have for that already big mod. If <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> loads slowly but works, <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> should work too, but with a much longer loading time. It would give you a rough idea of what to expect when it comes to loading speed.

Side note: After enabling <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> or MegaMod (or any other mod, or even just changing your mods' load order) in-game, you'll need to entirely exit Banished and relaunch before starting a new town. If you don't do that extra step, you're likely to crash whenever you quit your town. It's better to suffer an extra time through the loading screen than to have crashes later on.

yeah personally,y for me at least i dont think that the ram is an issue i have 16 gigs atm hopefully you're right and it is doing its thing i mean the screen doesn't look like it froze the man is still mining a rock or whatever at the bottom of the screen guess im just impatient lmao

You might try switching from DX9 to DX11 or vice versa. I found that switching to DX11 really sped up loading and didn't cause any crashes (however it made the game crash for Vrayna). It is worth a try.

Quote:
2 hours ago, estherhb said:

You might try switching from DX9 to DX11 or vice versa. I found that switching to DX11 really sped up loading and didn't cause any crashes (however it made the game crash for Vrayna). It is worth a try.

yeah sadly though ive tried this did DX9 to DX11 and dx11 to dx9 also i tried freeing up SSD space since when i got the mod and installed it i had like a gig left now i have around 24 gigs but still didnt fix it

I don't think it has much to do with disk access speed sadly, but purely with memory buffering. The game wasn't made to handle large mods. Luke increased something about allowed memory use, but I don't think he realized how insane modders can get! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />