CC Crashes Whenever I Click on My Trade Port, or a Ship Arrives to Trade

I love your mod, thank you for making it! Unfortunately my game has become unplayable because any time I click on my coastal trade post, I get an "access violation" error message. I can try to ignore the trade post, but I can't stop ships from coming. The moment a ship docs, even if I don't click anything, I get the same error and the game crashes. I use Colonial Charter: Journey (1.76), I ordered some seeds from one of the boats, which may be causing a problem?, and I have also had problems with some of the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> unique market buildings (builders refuse to touch them) before I had the trade dock problem. 

I have a few other mods: call of nature soundtrack, which changes the music, safer jobs, which reduces job related accidents, unlimited mines and quarries, and tree growth and life. They are all above <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>. I tried turning them off, but the game seems to enable them again when I load my saved game. 

I would appreciate any suggestions you have for how to fix this problem. This is a great mod, and I would love to continue playing with it. 

Thanks

This sounds like you are not using the most recent version of Banished, version 1.0.7 build 170910, or are trying to use mods that are no made or updated to work with that version.  <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.76 is made to use with the newest version of Banished so it shouldn't be the problem.  The crashes are caused because 1.0.7 uses different flags/categories for items than the old version. Therefore clicking on buildings with an inventory, such as the trading post or town hall, will cause the game to crash.

If you use Steam, unsubscribe from all mods except <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.76. Delete the .pkm files from your Banished > WinData folder.  Make sure you are using Banished version 1.0.7 build 170910; it is listed at the bottom of the 1st screen when you start the game. Create a new town using only Colonial Charter 1.76 (don't continue to try to use an old save which has problems!).  

NOTE: anytime you make changes to your mod list, you need to exit Banished completely before starting a new game to avoid crashes.

If the Unlimited mines and quarries mod is from before mid-2017, it might be using the old flags and be the one creating issues. I think Coal got sorted differently in Banished 1.0.7 and that wouldn't be handled right in a mod made for previous versions of Banished. It could be causing those crashes if the boats bring coal and it can't get shown right in the inventory. There might also be a mess between iron and iron ore not being flagged correctly.

Side note: in <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> you can upgrade your mines and quarries, and they become "unlimited" after the 2nd upgrade so you don't really need an Unlimited mod, except to save on a little bit of materials and construction work. By the time you reach the point where the first level of the mines/quarries is empty, you usually have more than enough materials and workforce for the upgrade though, and same when you reach the time you need to do the 2nd upgrade. Mines and Quarries in <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> can also be deleted after you've completed the first upgrade. You loose that possibility if you overwrite the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> mines/quarries with the ones from another mod.

Deleting the .pkm files looks like it fixed the problem. Apparently just disabling the mods doesn't work. I unsubscribed from everything except for <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>, and hopefully I won't develop any issues in my new game. So farm so good. 

Thank you!

did you check WOB for RED's trading post fix mod? if you have the mini buildings mod above the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>,or a similar 1.06. the trader coming on screen could be causing your crash.

you want this mod: NewLimitVanillaTP.pkm    

be advised this is known to cause a slight issue with TP's. save game before plpacing the TP or TH. clicking on them before they are built may cause a crash.however after they are completed they do work fine and are clickable.