IDEA: Banished: The Book

Here's a great idea:  We need a reference volume for all the things one can do with Banished, <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>, and MegaMod.

It would be fairly simple to take the material from the Wiki, add in the specific products a building can produce, and compile it all into a PDF.

I would volunteer to do it myself, but you guys have the source material.  We don't need a bunch of fancy graphics, just a simple icon-based design style and then the pertinent facts.

For example, a page that tells all about the Market Soup Kitchen, including an icon, materials/work required, staffing, and a list of the recipes with ingredients and amounts needed.  Then a page break to the next page. 

This book would be a serious aid to planning better towns and cities.

My wife and I are serious Banished addicts now, and would love to print out the Book , double sided, on our printer, and put it in a 3-ring binder to keep at our desks.  That's how much we are into this game.  We've been taking notes in a notebook, but there's just too much.

This is a serious idea, not just a passing thought.  We would volunteer to help out any way we can.

Your thoughts?

-John

I think that's a great idea. I just don't know who has the time to do all of that. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Trying to PM you, can't find a button...

I'll volunteer. Since this will take a while, I can do it over the winter.  Let's keep the excruciatingly boring details out of the public and PM or email the details.

I am a trained journalist.  As we say in journalism school:  "Me gots skilz". 

Who said that? Nobody ever said that!  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Your thoughts?

-John

Quote:
9 hours ago, Johntodd said:

Here's a great idea:  We need a reference volume for all the things one can do with Banished, <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>, and MegaMod.

It would be fairly simple to take the material from the Wiki, add in the specific products a building can produce, and compile it all into a PDF.

I would volunteer to do it myself, but you guys have the source material.  We don't need a bunch of fancy graphics, just a simple icon-based design style and then the pertinent facts.

For example, a page that tells all about the Market Soup Kitchen, including an icon, materials/work required, staffing, and a list of the recipes with ingredients and amounts needed.  Then a page break to the next page. 

This book would be a serious aid to planning better towns and cities.

My wife and I are serious Banished addicts now, and would love to print out the Book , double sided, on our printer, and put it in a 3-ring binder to keep at our desks.  That's how much we are into this game.  We've been taking notes in a notebook, but there's just too much.

This is a serious idea, not just a passing thought.  We would volunteer to help out any way we can.

Your thoughts?

-John

Wow what a great idea. I would love something like this. I would also be very willing to help out with this project if it became a real thing.  (lol I have tons of spare time) It would make it so much easier to plan with all this on hand.

Quote:
2 hours ago, Johntodd said:

Trying to PM you, can't find a button...

If you hover your mouse over a users name or avatar picture, it should pop open a little window automatically that has a "Message" button to send private messages.

Good luck!!![img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/58462f70003fe_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic553.png[/img]