What Are Those Little People doing?

So I have had a problem on a couple of my towns. Always the same problem. There is plenty of housing, work, food, etc. But one or two and up to four people will leave their homes, not work, not eat, nothing. They eventually, of course, die and never show up in the cemetery. Seems to occur when I am about 5 or 6 years in. Is it those silly little people or silly big me? I am using the megamod and only the megamod.

Try building another house and see if one or two of the homeless move into it. Maybe they just don't want to move in with someone else?  Worth a try.

are you using an age mod of any kind?? i had a problem with the new "proper time"mod with the "bigger families"mod. with both active,people got kicked out and i had to keep building houses. bout the time i got that set back in houses,the game would do it again. was constant build houses til i turned the "bigger families" off. i would check mod order also.

Ozarkcrafter, I have something very similar.

I had 70k food the other day (I was using the old ToL with bunches of livestock everywhere), and people were just "starving" laborers were the most common.  I figured it may have been that the stocks I had were of "Wild Food"  Wild Mutton, Wild Beef, etc and so maybe the game couldn't feed the Bannites because it may have been tagged differently.  So, I did the reasonable thing and started a new map, using a new start condition, not using the ToL mod, and all food was back to normal.

I have over 20k food and still my people are starving.  I find them off at the edge of the map, or heading towards it, and they are "looking for food" or (rarely) "looking for a place to get warm", yet they have tools & clothing, but no food???

I don't have an aging mod installed.

Just weird that they are wandering off to the edge of the map in a huddle of 2 or more.  

that does happen if they get "trapped". sometimes you send them to clear near  a creek and if they have to clear the other side without a bridge they will walk all the way around it and back.can happen while building bridges or dock pieces also.be very careful clearing near rivers.otheriwse i have seen this and figured it must be i didnt have a market near where the laborers were going.i used to not use them at all,only used storage barns. i have changed my game play to include placing markets to try and avoid this problem and the starving even when you have food.sometimes you have food not evenly distributed. doublecheck the bani's house inventory just to be safe.

You might have a buggy map, with a spot on the edge that people see as a valid path instead of impassible mountain. So if they decide to cross a river/creek near your village for any reason (accidental clearing job on the wrong side, or just the wish to go there to iddle), they'll start a long trek to the edge of the map to get around that river. Building bridges across any creek near your village might help, but in the end if it's a buggy map-edge spot, you might run into trouble later on again. Safest bet would be to restart with a different map seed.

Quote:
On 12/27/2016 at 5:03 PM, estherhb said:

Try building another house and see if one or two of the homeless move into it. Maybe they just don't want to move in with someone else?  Worth a try.

Tried that didn't help but thanks

Quote:
14 hours ago, Vrayna said:

You might have a buggy map, with a spot on the edge that people see as a valid path instead of impassible mountain. So if they decide to cross a river/creek near your village for any reason (accidental clearing job on the wrong side, or just the wish to go there to iddle), they'll start a long trek to the edge of the map to get around that river. Building bridges across any creek near your village might help, but in the end if it's a buggy map-edge spot, you might run into trouble later on again. Safest bet would be to restart with a different map seed.

Did not think of that. That may well be it. Thanks.

I found in the last 24 hours by keeping projects closer together, rather than sending them off on their own, my Bannies lived longer.  I also dropped a tiny market & general storage before sending them off.  Worked well.  I still have losses, but certainly not as many.  Any water based building I did I also did far more systematically, rather than setting a whole string of buildings up to build I did a couple along the shore first then went and filled in the rest.

Good luck Ozarkcrafter. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />