Help me trouble shoot this crash error...

I would be thankful for any help...

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/RangeCrash.jpg.e95fbb721f4e3405ce8a4b62376308a7.jpg" data-fileid="545">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/RangeCrash.thumb.jpg.af6a84bb384b911104a3a38ace265fb5.jpg[/img]</a>

I have made a stable to produce domesticated animal, and a milk pen that needs domesticated animal to be built then produces milk. I've had a terrible time getting the stable coded in. At first, I was trying to introduce 'domesticated animal' as a textile, the game would crash every time I placed the building. I changed domesticated animal to a material, and I can now place the buildings fine. However, when I destroy them, the builders take them apart and the game crashes once the building has been destroyed completely or just after, when the bannies either pick something up or drop it off at storage. I am guessing there fore that this issue is something to do with my domesticated animal model or code. I have re-made the model, to no avail. the texture is 512x512, and the weight of each is domesticated animal is 5, which I think must be less than <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>. What exactly is out of range here, and why is it crashing?

index out of range is usually a miscalculation in a template files path map ### ___ ... Height=X Width=X stuff

Share the files and someone can take a look, pm me + kral or here is fine

Did we add you to the collaborators forum? You and Discrepancy and ketchup need that, ill set that up

Hmm path maps. Would that occur once the building has been demolished? Here are some templates for the milk pen, stable, and domesticated animal...

<a class="ipsAttachLink" href="//blackliquidsoftware.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=546">CrystalMilk.rsc</a>

<a class="ipsAttachLink" href="//blackliquidsoftware.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=547">CrystalStable.rsc</a>

<a class="ipsAttachLink" href="//blackliquidsoftware.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=548">RawMaterialDomesticatedAnimal.rsc</a>

I don't know the answer to your question, but one thing you need to look out for is that Materials need to have special models for being stored in a stockpile.

If you look at RawMaterialStone:

Code:
        { GraphicsMesh _mesh [ "Models\Resources\StoneMesh.rsc" ] }
        { GraphicsMesh _mesh
          [
            "Models\Resources\StonePile0Mesh.rsc",
            "Models\Resources\StonePile1Mesh.rsc",
            "Models\Resources\StonePile2Mesh.rsc"
          ]
        }

It needs these "Pile" meshes in order to show the little piles in a stockpile.  If you try and put a Material in a stockpile that doesn't have the pile meshes, it will crash things.

Actually, when I started typing this, I had your domesticated animal in mind, but your Lumber resource might be doing the same thing.  If your Lumber is a material (CoalFuel) it needs the pile meshes.  So if you demolish your building, it will give you your resources back, and if your lumber is miscoded, it will do bad things when they hit the stockpile.

Ah, I forgot to do that when I changed the domesticated animals over from textiles to materials. The lumber has the storage piles, that works fine. I'll sort that out the domesticated animals and see if it helps anything.

One other question for you <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/">@Kralyerg</a>, did you guys change anything to the textiles limits for <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>?

We just did the same thing that we did to make Coal say Materials. Just changed the strings. Otherwise, it should be exactly the same, just the Textile flag.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/">@Kralyerg</a> turns out you did know the answer to my question.... it was the lack of pile models that caused it to crash. Added a few in and it works just fine now so thank you. I still don't understand why it wasn't working as a textile though. Do textiles need storage piles too? I coded in Flax as a textile and it works fine.

No, only stockpiling items needs piles. If it's stored in a barn it doesn't.  I'm not sure why that would affect anything.

On a side note, in <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>, we named the resource "RawMaterialDomanimal.rsc" not RawMaterialDomesticatedAnimal.  (Assuming you wanted cross compatibility) There are lots of weirdly named things we've done over time. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Quote:
9 minutes ago, Kralyerg said:

There are lots of weirdly named things we've done over time.

If by weird you mean randomly just typed whatever with the good natured intent to fix it later then never get around to it. Then yeah, weird.

The system is flawless.

Quote:
6 minutes ago, ShockPuppet said:

The system is flawless.

[Image: 7cc.jpg]