Crates that can be used as storage

Over at Banished Info, Nomad (who is the alter-ego of Kid1293) has added a set of crates that can be used as storage. The mod is also listed at World of Banished but I sometimes have interruptions to any downloads from there so I'm listing both links here. Given that there are a number of people who like to add decorations to their towns (I particularly like to add crates, barrels and so on around the dock areas and around the warehouses), this mod gives an interesting option to small warehouses/barns.

Links: -

World of Banished: http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?act...w;down=164

Banished Info: http://banishedinfo.com/mods/view/871-Storage-Crates

And there's interesting ways to use them too. Here is a description from Nomad/Kid1293 of what can be done with the storage crates: -

"Just place a crate/sack/barrel near where the bannies work and you don't have to take multiple turns to the barn.<br style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Roboto, sans-serif;font-size:15px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;letter-spacing:normal;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;white-space:normal;word-spacing:0px;background-color:rgb(255,255,255);" />Later you just delete the crate and it gets emptied and everything in it goes to the barn."

That's fabulous [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" /> Especially because my Bannies just randomly warehouse things, even if there is an empty barn right at their feet.  Haha!

I've recently tested the storage crates mod (as in - I just finished a game session about 10 minutes ago where I made use of a few of them) and it appears that you don't even have to delete the crate to get it to empty. There is a button on the crate menu you can click to get the crates to be emptied by whoever is nearby (I haven't tested that function yet however). Unfortunately the button is placed on the same area as the bar that indicates the percentage of storage being used so it looks like a glitch (and I ignored it for a few minutes because I thought it was some sort of GUI problem). However hovering the mouse over the button gives a tooltip saying that the crate can be emptied.

I love this little mod, I'm scattering the little containers all over the place [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

I didn't have a small Edibles only storage unit I used <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a> from the Maritime collection, I then added the little crates.

Sadly for the tiny barn to the right, it is not needed at this point.  Haha.  

Great little mod, definitely worth downloading.

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/5868931345e1f_Screenshot84mods.jpg.7cc33f1f97316cdece0a790b8624e4af.jpg[/img]