Rice planters causing people to get evicted, not move into new housing

Wasn't able to find whether anyone else has experienced this. I had a DS Jetty rice planter built near one of my villages, but every citizen who wandered into that rice planter, whether it was a dockworker or a child or someone else, suddenly became homeless as soon as they walked out.

This caused several years' worth of population turmoil in my village. They'd occasionally move back into their respective houses, but most of the time they'd just walk around homeless, regardless of whether or not there was a boarding house with available space. Even then, I'd sometimes find that there were three intact families packed into that boarding house that had formerly had homes, only to have been kicked out by some single citizen or single parent.

Then when there were houses available, often no one would move in for one or two seasons, even when there were homeless families or several pairs of adult citizens ready to move out and start families. Geographical proximity to these empty houses didn't appear to make any difference. At the end, I'd be stuck with several empty houses, citizens having become homeless for no reason, other citizens divorcing and forcing families out of their homes, and adult citizens refusing to move out from their parents' house well into their 30s.

Almost all of this stopped after I demolished that rice planter.

Has anyone else had this bug?

this is because you did put the rice planter on the shore, but you didnt dare to put any other docks, some kind of walking docks. no roads to go there. and since no road, the game path finder cannot find a path so everyone who go there lose their path of their homes.

Huh. I hadn't thought that there would be any pathing problems if the rice planter were built directly on the shore (theoretically one could just walk down the stairs into the paddy), but TIL. Thanks!

How would that affect the fact that nobody was moving into available houses despite there being more than enough homeless people and/or new adults?

Which mod(s) are you using? Please include version #. Not sure what is going on from your description. Could you post a picture? (A picture really is worth a 1000 words!)