Screenshot help

Hi

I know the answer to this is probably very simple but I can't figure out how to get screen shots of my town without the tool bar. I just recently found how to get ride of the icons and for all my pop of screens I just close them. i know there is a way to do this as I've seen tons of pics with out it. Could some one please clue me in. I'm completely fustrated trying to figure it out. For reference I do have the screenshot (no UI) set for my F12 button and the screenshot set for my Home button. Also I set my Icon Opacity to 0 before taking pics but the tool bar is always still there. 

I usually use the PrtScn button on my keyboard.

Quote:
1 hour ago, cainacol12 said:

For reference I do have the screenshot (no UI) set for my F12 button and the screenshot set for my Home button [...] but the tool bar is always still there.

Hmmm... if the "no UI" option is set properly, you would not see the menu bar...

Are you on Steam or do you have a drm-free version?

* If steam, I think they occupied that F12 for their own screenshots, then you should try to bind another key...

I have the Steam version. F12 is screenschot with no UI but it does still show the status icons for buildings. F12 also takes steam pics at the same time - or they automatically convert normal pics to steam pics, not sure exactly how it works. Printscreen takes pics with the UI. Unlike F12, it doesn't make a noise when you take a pic.

You might need to remap the F12 screenshot button. From memory it didn't work for me when I first tried to use it. Just change it to something else than then change it back and it will hopefully work fine.

Going to try these out now and let you know

I do use the steam version so maybe thats it.

Aliright so I've went 1 step forward 2 steps back.

1.   first I unbound both keys and and changed them to screenshot - P, Screenshot(no UI) - F11

This resulted in neither working. (at least not that I could see as no screenshots could be found and no visible or audio sound of the camara working happened)

2.   I reset all my game settings to orginal settings where screenshot - PrntScn, Screenshot(no UI) - F12

Same result.

3.  Went into my steam settings and realised my screenshots were not set to save anywhere. Set them to the go to Documents/banished/screenshots. Also changed screenshot - P, Screenshot(no UI) - F11 again leaving F12 for the steam screenshot

Results - F12 working for steam screenshots, I have screenshots from them saved in the correct folder; screenshot - P, Screenshot(no UI) - F11 still not working (no signs if the camara working when pressed, no screenshots found.

Not sure where to move from here. I think I'm making it worse every time I try to fix it.

I don't remember ever setting up a screenshot save folder in Steam itself. The default is somewhere inside my Steam folder, but my Banished pics save to documents/banished/screenshots. My Banished pics are bitmaps but my Steam Banished pics are jpegs. It's automatically taking both a bitmap and a jpeg every time I hit F12 (which takes a no UI pic).

I don't know how you can fix it. Uninstall/re-install, maybe?

I "fixed" that by going into the Steam options and remapping whatever was using F12 to something else (/ on numpad in my case). Freeing F12 from any kind of Steam use let me use it for the Banished  screenshots without UI.

I also have steam version. I have NEVER liked the way steam handles (mishandles) screenshots for any game. I use bandicam (free version) for FPS limiting on other, older games (which is super easy and works like a dream, btw) and I have come to enjoy it for screenshots as well. Often I want my UIs in the shot, but if not, I just close them individually. bandicam puts an ugly logo on video, if you use the free version for that, but they do not on plain old screenshots, so it's great for me. Attached shot is just a random shot of a trading post, I have a weird habit of watching newly-purchased animals make their way to their pastures, it amuses me.

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/5872ba12377d9_Application-steam-x642016-11-0723-06-56-446.thumb.jpg.9a213ececcab23aa45acf74347c67bf4.jpg[/img]