Pasture Problems

I have purchased trade animals at the trading posts, they are in my market. My problem is that they are not selectable as pasture animals when I go to fill the pasture. Any help? What went wrong? Need more info? 

When you say "they are in the market", do you mean an actual market or the trading dock?

If they're actually sitting in your market, then I think you may have bought the wrong thing. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wacko.png[/img]/emoticons/wacko@2x.png 2x" title=":S" width="20" />

If you buy, say, "Trade Bison" they will eventually produce a resource called "Trade Bison". They both have the exact same name.  One is a livestock and one is a trade resource,

You may have purchased the finished resource version and not the livestock version.

I had a similar problem today, however I can't remember which trader I bought them from.

I purchased 1 trade pig & 1 trade llama.

Both showed in my Town Hall Inventory, neither became a dropdown menu item in the paddocks.

I then added them back to another trader, tiny trader I think, and they were able to be traded out for another animal.

I then tried another trader, the Livestock (tiny version) and they were then able to be added to my paddocks.  

From what I can gather one of my traders is bugged and treats them as drygoods, rather than animals designed for trade.  When I can figure out which trader it was that created this issue I will report back. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/10119-drakina999/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="10119" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/10119-drakina999/">@Drakina999</a>, for now, if you have a Livestock trader, trade away the ones that won't work as needed for new Trade Stock, then try & see what happens with ones from the Livestock Trader. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/">@Kralyerg</a> & <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4-shockpuppet/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="4" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4-shockpuppet/">@ShockPuppet</a>, do all other modded markets need to be updated with the new Trade Stock tags, or is it something on your end of the code?

IE:  Where does the recognition come from? What tells the trader & Town Hall that the items are 'growable' and put to pasture rather than put on 'the shelf'?

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/5870b02893cef_Screenshot122tradestock.thumb.jpg.b436a891e63b4286eb1ae33482789d37.jpg[/img]

The only bug is that both the Livestock and the resource that the pasture produces both have the exact same name. You buy "Trade Llama" livstock it goes into your pasture, and then they create "Trade Llama", but those are dry goods to be sold off. If you buy the "Trade Llama" that is already a dry good, then it's not a livestock.

The trading posts aren't doing anything wrong, except not telling which version you are buying, because I was lazy when I made it. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Cool beans, thank you <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/">@Kralyerg</a> I thought it was a bug, but at least I know now that there are 2 version of the "Trade" Animal and just hit & miss which one I buy.

I spent hours recreating the error, haha, even went back to a pre-7hrs save before the trading posts were finished building so I could see if there was a problem from the outset.  LOL.

In a slightly odd, other note ...  This happened (pic below), the horses did go to their pasture, their count was right, and when I checked the pasture a few mins later they were showing up in the pasture, but they were still "at the trader".

Odd.  I am wondering if I had a path blocked?  Maybe the horses had trouble with the terraformed land?  (I used the water deepener along where the fisherman was, then built over the area with ports).

Winter pic: horses still on the trader

Water:  when I remove the trader, & fishmonger next to it, the horses just swim in the water

Land: even after I terraform the land back the horses just stay put and I can't get them to move away.  Even with an empty open pasture.

I found at one stage last night, as long as I had an open defined pasture for a beast they would leave straight away even if I hadn't dismissed the trader, if there was none, and I created the pasture whilst the trader was still there, I had to dismiss the trader before the livestock would move off.  In this case I still had a phantom beastie, but not a full pasture of them.

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/5871a7f470de7_Screenshot147cr.thumb.jpg.38e727914b370842336263e54a6df551.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/5871a800b9f44_Screenshot143cr.jpg.9b2726cc7f9b839a239b6aa399f6e5ad.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/5871a8033807b_Screenshot145cr.jpg.c6906d3788c5b1212a261d28a74e19f1.jpg[/img]

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/">@Kralyerg</a>I think I have it figured out.

Not the above glitch, which happened a 2nd time at another Trader, and they kept expanding, but never made it into the pasture, at all...  Ugh, so I've binned that map and started a fresh and going to bug test the trading system later.

BUT:  To differentiate between the "trading Trade Animal" (only which the Trader swaps back & forwards) and the "The Trade Animal" (which goes to the Pastures), is the price and qty which the Trader has available.

Trade Animal 1:  250 pts & 1 unit only 

Trade Animal 2:  400 / 800 pts & 2+ units available

Trade Animal 1:  This is what gets traded and goes into Dry Storage, it never sees the pastures

Trade Animal 2:  This is what will go out to the Pastures & breed, their offspring go into Dry Storage for trade back to the traders ;D

The Trader won't tell you which one is which, but knowing the above you can then work out what you are buying.  As long as the Trade Animal has the same value as the regular Animal, then that is the one that goes out to Pasture.

Or, at least that's how my Traders worked it out. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />  

Thanks! I bought the dry good, but it seems only the general goods merchant is the only one I have seen since installing MegaMod. I opened the DeBug menu and unlocked everything... Is this a glitch? That is the only other problem I have seen and I have been playing MegaMod for two weeks now, so if it is a problem it's minor, and thank you to everyone with the help!! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />