Fatal Access Violation!

Hey everyone, sorry I haven't replied for a while. I have been really ill and so not been able to see my mum. Thanks for all your comments, I am still working through the suggestions at the minute.

Thank you <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/15440-joxer316/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="15440" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/15440-joxer316/">@joxer316</a> for this crash dump! Don't know what it means but it did give me an Idea. Unfortunately, I haven't managed to try it yet but My mum uses her own account on my Laptop. I'm Wondering if it's having problems because she is using a second account and not the primary one. I have asked her to log into my account on the laptop and see if the crash happens there too but she hasn't replied yet.

Quote:
3 hours ago, estherhb said:

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/15440-joxer316/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="15440" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/15440-joxer316/">@joxer316</a> If it is read/write problem: Are you using Windows 10?  If so you need to make sure your Save file (usually found under Documents>Banished>Save) is Read/Write and not just Read only. That's a frequent problem with Windows 10, causing crashes when the game autosaves or you exit/save your game.

Yes, she is using Win10, I will have a look and make sure the folder is not a read-only folder. Thanks for this Tip!

Quote:
3 hours ago, QueryEverything said:

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/16399-endo-chick/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="16399" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/16399-endo-chick/">@Endo-Chick</a> (great name),  <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/15440-joxer316/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="15440" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/15440-joxer316/">@joxer316</a> this may help as well.

Just want to check:  The crash happens even when there are absolutely no mods installed?  (Not just disabled), and the Banished/WinData folder has absolutely no .pkm or .sub files in there?

Have you moved all the save files from the MyDocs/Banished/Save folder?  Making sure this is completely empty, keep a copy of all saves in another drive - but delet the Autosave file

Once that has all been done - and you run the game, what happens?

Does the crash still happen?

I suggest:  

- Clean everything out, load Banished.  Let it load completely, change any game settings you need to (screen size etc); then

- EXIT Banished completely -  extremely important!!

- Load Banished - let it run.

- Start a new map

- Save the Map as soon as it loads

- Run for 10 mins or so, save again, let the Autosave kick in

See if it crashes at any of those steps, and see if that can be narrowed down.

Notes

- Mods need to be removed, rather than just delete them, move them into a backup folder on the system, you will need them as you rebuild

- If the Steam account has any mods subscribed - make sure you unsubscribe for now

- Whilst running the game - do not build a town hall, do not build a nomad attractor (well, town hall etc)

- By taking things one step at a time, and making sure there is no 'residuals' stuck in the machine, you can hopefully pinpoint a trigger to the crashes.

- By making sure you EXIT the game completely after installing / removing mods, then restarting the game, you are forcing it to write the data to the harddrive correctly.  The ingame 'reload' doesn't work as well as it should, and causes crashes when mods aren't removed/updated correctly.  

This may not solve your problems, but as a troubleshoot checklist, it may help others help you. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" /> 

If you're still having problems, please make sure when you post next you include the Banished version you are running (it's on the Menu screen, down the bottom with the yellow writing).  - Please note, I do have a beta version (available through Steam), so we may have different numbers, that's ok, we just need to know what you're running. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_05/592cb31cc6601_banishedversiondetails.jpg.34c10abdb8e46b73751ed395cd4cba69.jpg" data-fileid="2516">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_05/592cb31d01467_banishedversiondetails.thumb.jpg.0c48b4d9a911a268eda9938f425eced8.jpg[/img]</a>

<div>
<div title="Found 7 errors in text">

</div>
</div>

Thanks![img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/tongue.png[/img]/emoticons/tongue@2x.png 2x" title=":P" width="20" />

Yes, we tried both ways with the mod disabled and with it completely uninstalled and the game still crashes. In order for it to not crash I need to completely delete the game from steam and reinstall it. I didn't delete the saves in the document folder though, I just thought steam would do that anyway. I did make a backup of her saves and placed them back into the saves folder once the game had reinstalled (I didn't delete the autosave one).  Thinking about it, the save folder was empty when I placed her saves back into the folder.

I didn't check the Banished/Windata folder for any .pkm or .sub files as I don't know whats what in it so I just left things be.

I can tell you now that she never got to a point in the game to make a Town Hall or nomad attractor, I'm not sure but she may have had a trading post. She was very early into the game when it started happening. 

I will be talking to her over the next couple of days hopefully so I will let you know soon the things we have tried and if anything worked. 

Thanks again for all your help! It has been very much appreciated. 

Endo-Chick 

Messages In This Thread
Fatal Access Violation! - by Endo-Chick - 05-20-2017, 05:46 PM
Fatal Access Violation! - by Necora - 05-20-2017, 06:04 PM
Fatal Access Violation! - by Endo-Chick - 05-20-2017, 06:16 PM
Fatal Access Violation! - by stiles - 05-20-2017, 09:42 PM
Fatal Access Violation! - by Kedryn - 05-21-2017, 07:18 AM
Fatal Access Violation! - by Necora - 05-22-2017, 10:50 AM
Fatal Access Violation! - by joxer316 - 05-22-2017, 11:02 AM
Fatal Access Violation! - by portiadavenport - 05-29-2017, 02:23 PM
Fatal Access Violation! - by estherhb - 05-29-2017, 04:26 PM
Fatal Access Violation! - by QueryEverything - 05-29-2017, 04:48 PM