Where's my mod?

So my problem is, I don't see anything at all when I click "mods" in the game menu. It's just an empty list.

Let me tell you what I've done so far, and you can see just how lost I am. 

Everyone refers to the windata folder so casually, but I can't seem to find information about how people get that folder to start with. When I downloaded Banished 1.0.7 from GOG, there was no windata. The only folder inside "banished" was "save". I used some hints from the GOG forums and downloaded a 'patch' from a website that did successfully create a "windata" folder, containing "patch0.pkg" and "patch1.pkg". It also added a host of .dll files and a couple .exe to my "Banished" folder.

I downloaded <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> New Frontier from a website, but I think it was bunk. It didn't require extraction and only caused my game to give a 'fatal error'. I deleted that download, game returned to normal. I downloaded <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> Journey from this website. I extracted into my windata. I restarted the computer, turned on the game. It runs normally but when I click "mods" the list is empty.

One more piece of information: When I try to run the files application-32x.exe and application-64x.exe that came in with my 'patch', I had the same fatal error as when I had the bad mod in the windata. I can only open and run the game through the GOG interface.

Did I use a bad patch? Was my original GOG download incomplete since it didn't have a "windata"? What the heck is going on here?

I would appreciate the input of anybody who can break this down for me.

Messages In This Thread
Where's my mod? - by rlynnz - 04-28-2019, 04:16 PM
Where's my mod? - by stiles - 04-28-2019, 07:10 PM
Where's my mod? - by stiles - 04-28-2019, 07:15 PM
Where's my mod? - by rlynnz - 04-30-2019, 08:24 AM