Dock Towns possibilities?

So I recently kept on trying to make a functional settlement on a lake using the dock theme buildings and no matter what I did as soon as I moved them away from the land starvation set in.

I had multiple Dock Fisheries and Dredgers however it still wasn't enough. They didn't even have enough time to build the rice and chicken farms by the time they started starving. If anyone has done this before I would love some input on what methods you used to do this as bayou is said to be Easy.

Also other things I noticed was that there is a lack of storage for materials such as Stone, Iron and other Materials.

Another thing I noticed (sorry if this is part of the dock workshop) is that I saw no way for them to make Rope or Clothing and so I fear that they will freeze to death and also not be able to upgrade their houses into residencies. I plan on making a fully functional settlement completely separated from the land and able to produce all the goods they would require by themselves. Obviously some things would only be acquirable by trading.

Messages In This Thread
Dock Towns possibilities? - by KGEvans - 03-15-2018, 04:30 PM
Dock Towns possibilities? - by KevinTheCynic - 03-19-2018, 03:03 AM
Dock Towns possibilities? - by VXL - 03-19-2018, 05:41 PM
Dock Towns possibilities? - by estherhb - 03-15-2018, 10:14 PM
Dock Towns possibilities? - by Denis de la Rive - 03-16-2018, 01:24 PM
Dock Towns possibilities? - by KevinTheCynic - 03-16-2018, 08:08 PM
Dock Towns possibilities? - by estherhb - 03-16-2018, 11:08 PM