Distances and Spreading Out
bannies have no preference to processed foods. in CC, processors may actually cost you food since CC is balanced on value not amounts.farmers work as laborers during the winter. if you have them busy and far away, they sometimes do not get back in time to plant fields. this will cost you food. plan your clearing less and less. you want the bannies to finish working as laborers so they get back to those fields.

i have not played the MM. i have played CC and add many mods myself. the CC is lumber oriented and the old limit system. this was upgraded in the last couple years. we used to not have minerals<they all used coal limit> construction materials<used the log limits> etc. hence CC developed a way to use more materials in building construction. this is the system you have. it is formed on increasing trade values of goods not amounts. this makes it hard to find a balance in game with the many workplaces. you will have too many of 1 item and not enuf of others. as such you may also need 5 workplaces to make the items required to build 1 building.

start slow. use rustic houses and learn the game better.read the notes here and other sites especially some of the city blog pages. build slowly to where you plan to go. remember too that you do not have to accept all nomads. you may find the game easier if you add a age mod that changes the speed at which the bannies age and breed down to 1 year and every few years to have children. some say it makes the game too slow. there are several versions of these around.

this year , i moved my map blogs off WOB to the North site-https://www.banishedventures.com/. i try to look at new mods and give tips along the way. did a landing fort from which the bannies can move out from and settle more lands. and did an Indian map with the various Indian mods. worked into being 4 villages.

1 thing i do recommend to new players is to make a list on paper of what your goals with the game are. do this before jumping into mods much. it is easy to keep adding more and more and forget what that goal was.think it helps give you a focal point to build toward.there are so many options with Banished now.

Messages In This Thread
Distances and Spreading Out - by bestistbuddy - 02-06-2020, 08:55 PM
RE: Distances and Spreading Out - by stiles - 02-08-2020, 02:48 PM
RE: Distances and Spreading Out - by bestistbuddy - 02-08-2020, 09:26 PM
RE: Distances and Spreading Out - by Apothicus - 01-24-2021, 04:57 AM
RE: Distances and Spreading Out - by stiles - 01-25-2021, 08:34 PM